Ultra Runners

So, SueIn_TN... (Read 78 times)

Kalsarikännit

How've you been?  Have a good New Year?  Did you do anything interesting?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Well, I had an emotional meltdown on the second, but other than that, it was pretty low-key. Hung out with some friends, made some new ones, told some stories, had some beers. Life is good. Smile

How have you been?

Kalsarikännit

Well, I had an emotional meltdown on the second, but other than that, it was pretty low-key. Hung out with some friends, made some new ones, told some stories, had some beers. 

That sounds fantastic (except the emotional meltdown, which is pretty normal).  Six Days and over 700 kilometers (doesn't it sound even more amazing when you say it in kilometers?).  A third place overall finish, too! I heard there was a beer mile during the race. Those Coury boys know how to put on a race.

You did did a really great job. Thanks for providing great entertainment for all of us tracking you. Everyone I talked to is so proud of you.

If we can take up a group fund for a wheelchair for you just say the word.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, I had an emotional meltdown on the second, but other than that, it was pretty low-key. Hung out with some friends, made some new ones, told some stories, had some beers. Life is good. Smile

Hi Sue!  Smile  Are we going to get a race report, or was it just too much to even write about?

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi Sue!  Smile  Are we going to get a race report, or was it just too much to even write about?

I think we can cut her a little slack since she has to condense 6 days into the RR.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Nicely done, Sue!

Great fun stalking your progress. Ran into some Vol State runners this weekend; so, of course we were talking about your awesomeness.

Liz

pace sera, sera

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, congratulations Sue.

There's been some exciting RA folk stalking / tracking to be had the last few weeks 

steph  

Thanks guys. A RR is in the making but the days have all run together and I can't seem to separate them.

Running VolState really helped with this race: I'm at mile 175, that's Columbia. Now I'm heading for the Bench of Despair and a milkshake... I really did get a milkshake too. Smile

Wrigley-Hopefully no wheelchair will be necessary but my right foot really hurts. Waah!

AT-runner

Tim

Nice following your progress, Sue.  Congratulations, and nice job.  Don't let Mandy bully you, take your time with that RR.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The race report is in the "notes" section on 1/1/15 in my log.  I need to update my log...

I think you need to make your log public for us to be able to read it.  Either that or I just can't find it.

My log was only viewable to members of my user groups. It is now public. Look under the 1/1/15 entry.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

How freaking awesome is that? 

Off to read your report, Sue!

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks for typing that up, Sue.  I imagine most of the details are hazy at this point.  I'm pretty excited for you to go all out at NC24.  You have something special in you in regards to running and I'm glad that you fought through and kept going.  We will share some miles together someday.  And maybe some dogs eating french fries too! 

Running is dumb.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks for the report Sue.

steph