Ultra Runners

2014 Ultra Race Calendar (Read 684 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I like the format of this list - race followed by participants (vs. participant then race). Consolidates things nicely.

And, FWIW, I'm neutral on marathons - but, have never minded seeing them listed.

Just an idea ... one of the groups I'm in has a group-maintained race calendar. The last post in the thread is always the current race calendar.

Adding one of your races OR dropping out?

• copy the last post of the thread (calendar) to your post
    • add your info, following the format of the other entries and slotted into sequence OR delete your info
    • prune any outdated entries from the top of the list (or, as suggested here, move to the bottom)

But, I could see how this might not be a popular idea with some people.

Liz

pace sera, sera

I'm in for:

2/23/2013 Cheaha 50k, AL

5/4/2013 Run For Kids 50k, Birmingham, AL

I'm not sure about the rest of the year yet.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

bhearn

But, I could see how this might not be a popular idea with some people.

Yeah, I don't see the advantage of that, other than that it obviates the need for a list maintainer. But we already have a list maintainer (thanks Betsy!). I think the current scheme has worked pretty well across a lot of RA.

I could go either way on marathons as well. I agree with WG that it's nice to see who's running what, even if it's not an ultra.

xor

We sometimes chat a little bit in the calendar thread.  Not much, but a little.  This response, Bob's, Buzzie's.  It is easy to find the calendar knowing it is at the tippy top.  With some chat responses, then I'm scrolling back to the last calendar update to find the most current calendar.

That said, I'm being theoretical.  I like to see what people are running sometimes, but I don't stare much at these calendars because I already spend too much time in the calendar zone.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I always thought of the calendar as a place to see where others were racing, so you could possibly meet other RA'ers. Marathons fill that need. They were included on last years calendar and I didn't think it was too cluttered.

Good point.

steph  

xor

Yeah, I missed that too.  I like listing the marathons.

Sorry I was too quick to delete the marathons!  I am more than happy to add them back.  I personally am not going to list my marathons unless I think they'd be of interest to others, but you can do what you please.  I'll go back to the original list and add them back; let me know if I've forgotten any.

That said, what about triathlons?  I know smarterblonde is entered into several for 2013, but I don't know if anyone else is.  Let me know what your thoughts are on that.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I think of it as a calendar o what ultrarunners in this forum are running that relates to endurance.  I usually think of 26.2 and beyond as endurance.  I think the triathlons are good, too, but what would be warranted - 1/2 IM and beyond?  Too short and would be like me listing my 10k races.

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)

If we are reincorporating marathons, please add the Shamrock Marathon for me in March. :-)  I see someone else is doing that one as well.

Also, I changed my name from "KLD" to "K L Duke" in order to have my last name in there and not be quite so anonymous.  My 3 races listed as KLD are on 4/20, 9/21 and 12/31.     I promise that is the last username change for me, will be keeping that one 'till I croak. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Also, I changed my name from "KLD" to "K L Duke" in order to have my last name in there and not be quite so anonymous.  

Oh fine -- go ahead and make me spend all that time retyping out your name.  I'm fine with my initials, but you need your whole damn name Big grin

(Got you down for Shamrock as well)

If we are posting finish times - mine was 4:16:06 for Frozen Gnome.  Course may have been a mile short though.

Sign me up!

4/21 - Jack Bristol Lake Waramaug 50-Mile Run New Preston, CT

10/20 - Bimbler's Bluff 50k Guilford, CT

inshapeoutofmind

Hello hello!

I'm running:

3/3 - Caumsett 50K (inshapeoutofmind)

5/4 - Rock The Ridge 50M (inshapeoutofmind)

and tentatively 5/11 - Greenbelt 50K (inshapeoutofmind)

I might do the Greenbelt 25K instead depending on how my first 50 miler goes.

Updated to here.

Dream Maker

Add me to Delirium 24 hour and Umstead 100 (I think haha)

Could you also add Run Under The Stars 10Hour June 08.  Smile