Ultra Runners

24-hour World Championships (Read 82 times)

bhearn

So is the Q window July 2015 - December 2017?

The next qualifying window hasn't been announced, but probably later than that. This time it was 10/11/2013-1/11/2015. Howard Nippert told me they like to make it about 18 months prior to Worlds. But then the team has to be picked a few months out, so the actual window is less than 18 months.

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2015/IAU-World-24-Hour-Championships/Selection-Procedures.aspx

Even in my best shape and if everything went perfectly I do not know if I could have cracked 250 KM - I am not sure what it will take, but if interest is high, likely 240-250KM range to make the team.  But you never know.

Yeah. I hope not. I think I would have to set a US AG record at a minimum to make the team. If it takes 250 then I would have to set a world AG record.

DoppleBock

If a spring 2017 race say May 15th, 2017 = November 2015 - Maybe January 2017 (With all the December - January 1,2 or 3 races (ATY) that would make sense to me.

If a fall 2017 Race - say Oct 1st - March 2016 - June 2017 (Maybe right after FANS 24)

I did not find anything about worlds in 2017.

So either a December 2015 race (Desert Solstice, ATY, Freedon Park(2015 last year ever) or Houston

or

2016 - 3 days at Fair / Fans 24 or Sole 24 (PA)

or fall to winter 2016

I do not think I have that many more training miles in my body - back - hip - knees or uterus

My only chance to to weight a lot less than I did for past 24s = 200-215 ... maybe if I clocked in at 175 my body could take it and go long.

Fun fantasy for today -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Qualifying window has been announced. 10-1-15 through 3 months prior to the World Championships.

(The 2015 North Coast 24 Hour will also count to qualify--no automatic entries given for the 2015 race though)

http://www.usatf.org/Sports/MUT/Team-USA/2017-Qualification-Standards.aspx

bhearn

Also the men's minimum distance went up from 135 to 140. Women's is now 125; I don't recall if that's an increase.

The women's used to be 120.

Also the men's minimum distance went up from 135 to 140. Women's is now 125; I don't recall if that's an increase.

bhearn

It occurs to me that I may be screwed in my planned attempt to qualify at Desert Solstice in December, which (after the Spartathlon) is the focus of my year. Normally the entry requirements for DS are the same as the team qualification standard. I ran 139.5 in December, comfortably above the old standard of 135... hmmmmmm. Now I REALLY wish I'd managed one extra loop.

This may affect whether I run Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 at the end of May. I'm feeling kind of beat up, and it wouldn't be a team qualifier anyway, but I really want to run at DS.

Just run Spartathlon in under 24 hours.

Or run 140+ at D3D. Smile

It occurs to me that I may be screwed in my planned attempt to qualify at Desert Solstice in December, which (after the Spartathlon) is the focus of my year. Normally the entry requirements for DS are the same as the team qualification standard. I ran 139.5 in December, comfortably above the old standard of 135... hmmmmmm. Now I REALLY wish I'd managed one extra loop.

This may affect whether I run Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 24 at the end of May. I'm feeling kind of beat up, and it wouldn't be a team qualifier anyway, but I really want to run at DS.

DoppleBock

Seems to make sense - USA 24 results have increased dramatically since I was in them.

Hey Bob - My 1st attempt was 123.5 and 2nd 147.4 ... I guess that means that you should increase from 139.5 to 163.4 on your 2nd attempt ... so you are golden anyway.

DoppleBock

I had to read this twice ... I though you said you ran Spartathon in under 24 hours

Just run Spartathlon in under 24 hours.

Or run 140+ at D3D. Smile

bhearn

Hey Bob - My 1st attempt was 123.5 and 2nd 147.4 ... I guess that means that you should increase from 139.5 to 163.4 on your 2nd attempt ... so you are golden anyway.

Sounds like a plan.

Anybody know where I can buy some EPO? Even then, it'd be doubtful. Tongue

I had to read this twice ... I though you said you ran Spartathon in under 24 hours

DoppleBock

I think I would be regeneration and genetic re-engineering

Anybody know where I can buy some EPO? Even then, it'd be doubtful. Tongue

bhearn

Yeah, unless your name is Kouros or Jurek, it probably ain't gonna happen, EPO or not.