Ultra Runners

Faversham race report (Read 212 times)

Some of you may have seen this already as I have posted it on a couple of the forums but I think you will be interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you will have guessed I am from England and live in the South Eastern area in the county of Kent. Yesterday I ran in the Faversham 6 hour ultramarathon. This race required me to run around Faversham Recreation ground (1044 metres) as many times as possible. A RA member who was watching described it such:

"I should just let everyone know what makes the race SO tough ............ if you ignore the fact you have to run for 6 hours. Mainly it's the topology of the course, you actually run on a tarmac surface around the outside edge of Faversham Recreation Ground, the 'walks' are tree lined so in sunny weather you are quite well shaded from the sun. 1 circuit is around 1km and if you can imagine it like a giant rectangle. from the bottom corner the path rises steadily all along the long side then turns for a short side but this is much more of an incline, total rise can't be more than 20m but over a distance of 500m, at the top corner you turn again for a long side again but this is now on a down incline, and again the turn to the last short side and along is also down to the bottom corner (lowest point) where we started.""

I finally completed it by doing 37.2 miles or the official measurement of 36.99 miles + 179.1 metres!!!!!

Anyway here is my Race Report be sure to look at my little web gallery in the report to get an idea

Me at 37 miles just before the end

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

You'll ruin your knees!

I'll take a look at the report later, but couldn't help adding that it's a good thing that little guy on the scooter isn't in your age group, as it doesn't look like you were going to catch and pass him...

Congrats on the distance!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Taken a few seconds later, I think it was him who nicked my sunglasses 

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

You'll ruin your knees!

Taken a few seconds later, I think it was him who nicked my sunglasses 

HA! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

. . . .couldn't help adding that it's a good thing that little guy on the scooter isn't in your age group, as it doesn't look like you were going to catch and pass him...

Congrats on the distance!

Ha!  My thoughts exactly!

Great report, Jerry.  Excellent job!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance