Ultra Runners

Best venue for 24 hour performance? (Read 612 times)

DB- have you seen an announcement for the selection procedures for 2011?(Not implying that I am that caliber of runner). I haven't seen anything from AUA. Since there are 4 of you already 150+, I wonder if they will award any auto-qualifiers to NC24. On the men's side, anyway, it appears there wouldn't be any incentive to give automatic spots.

Also DB, do you think you can better your 154 in another race this year? How many of these do you think you have in you? Wouldn't you expect to make the 2011 team with your current mark?
        This all said, I am still not convinced that Northcoast is the best venue for a peak performance, unless the wind is calm. Edgewater Park was one of my regular running routes when I lived nearby. Wind is certainly a guarantee. At last year's NC24, the overnight hours were just about perfect with no wind. But I will not expect that again.
        DoppleBock

I do not have any special Insight into the selection criteria - I am assuming it will be the same as this year - I like it - It drives the best competitors to the USA championship race and rewards for performance on demand - just like it will be at Worlds.

I believe that each year there are possible wild cards - I think a nation can use 3 wild cards every 2 years.  That is has Italy had 9 runners in the race.  With the very limited financial support the use of a wild card will just spread the minimal dollars even thinner, so I do not know if the USA will ever use their wild cards.

I hope they keep the selection criteria the same.

I am 50/50 weather I might try to run @ NorthCoast - I really think you can only run 1 top notch 24 hour race per year.  Last year I was not even in shape at North Coast - I was there for fun. 

Has there been any word of prize money yet?

Also there is the intrigue of being national champion

All this is being offset with a strong desire to run a marathon PR this fall ... I can not do both.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !