Ultra Runners

Do you ever wear your belt buckle? (Read 96 times)

NYCNorma

I haven't had the privilege of winning a belt buckle at a race yet, but I was looking at some pictures from a race the other day and I wondered if anyone actually ever wears the buckles.  I grew up in 4H land and the kids that won buckles at various competitions wore them with pride.  I don't really wear belts, so I will treat any future buckles the same way I do medals, but I can see how they might make for interesting conversations.

Sandy-2

I don't wear my 100 mile buckles very much at all, but my DD is into endurance horse riding and they tend to wear their buckles.  I guess similar to your 4H experience.  Sometimes at her big races we'll wear our matching buckles.  Hers is on the left for finishing Tevis and mine is on the right for finishing WS.  Hers is nicer... Smile

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NYCNorma

I didn't even know they had endurance horse riding.  Learn something new everyday.  Smile

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I didn't even know they had endurance horse riding.  Learn something new everyday.  Smile

It's a huge International sport and it's been done in the USA since the early 1900's .  Some of the oldest races in ultrarunning are based on endurance rides , The Western States, Vermont , Old Dominion .

I do, but probably because they're a bit smaller (Javelina and Rocky Raccoon).  There are some that are really big, and I think they'd be uncomfortable to wear.  But I guess if I earned them I'd think differently!

bhearn

I wear them for a while after the race, and to my next 100.

I don't have the right kind of belt to fit the buckle.

You'll ruin your knees!

All the time. Casual Friday usually finds me in my boots and sporting a hunnerd buckle. Wearin Cascade Crest hardware as I type this getting ready to go out to dinner with my honey.  I've worn Rocky Raccoon sub 24 so much it is starting to show the wear... sumpthin ' bout that star...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

bhearn

My star didn't get the colors. Order screwup. :-(

Sandy-2

I've worn Rocky Raccoon sub 24 so much it is starting to show the wear... sumpthin ' bout that star...

I don't wear the buckle much, but I did wear a certain camo shirt I got for working an aid station recently...  Maybe next time I should combine the camo shirt and the star buckle, but I've only lived in Texas for about 12 or 13 years, not sure that is long enough yet.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Trail Monster

I met a guy wearing a HardRock buckle when I was at BR100. That's one that I would definitely wear!

My Oil Creek buckle sits on a shelf.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Oh roo roooo!

My star didn't get the colors. Order screwup. :-(

Is that why you didn't wear it in that Bay to Breakers photo we saw a while ago?

bhearn

Hmm, buckle only next time, that's a thought. Would take some creative engineering.

You'll ruin your knees!

DamNatiin, baby!  Anything you want to wear is OK in my book, Sandy!  Great volunteers deserve a lot of attitude (just show up for RR 2014...)

I don't wear the buckle much, but I did wear a certain camo shirt I got for working an aid station recently...  Maybe next time I should combine the camo shirt and the star buckle, but I've only lived in Texas for about 12 or 13 years, not sure that is long enough yet.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

Would totally wear a Hardrock buckle every day of the week if I earned one!  My knees wore out before I won/lost the lottery. One year I was dressed and ready to run it (2nd on the wait list), but didn't get drawn...

I met a guy wearing a HardRock buckle when I was at BR100. That's one that I would definitely wear!

My Oil Creek buckle sits on a shelf.