Ultra Runners

So, SueIn_TN... (Read 78 times)

I'll be looking forward to watching you run at North Coast.   I'm hopeful we'll have good weather for a change this year.

I'm impressed with your ability to get by on so little sleep.  I think I'd be a blubbering crabby idiot by the end of 48 hours.

Wow, what an amazing performance!   Great job Sue!

bhearn

Congratulations again on an amazing performance.

"I had a mini-meltdown during the 400th mile lap at the end of day 5, where I started questioning why I ran, whether it was worth it, what I got out of it, how running has affected my life, relationships."

Uh... it takes you 400 miles to get there?! A lot of people get that in a marathon. I get it in every 100 miler -- I totally swear off running ever again.

"I would love to get on the 24 hour team-I think the team environment would help me. Will try to qualify at Northcoast in September."

Good luck! But I have some bad news. 24-hour worlds is going to odd years only, starting this year; there will be no US team for 2016. (100k is going to even years.) Yeah, it really sucks. I am on the edge of being good enough, and I have to wait two years? Time is not on my side.

You'll want to pay attention to the qualification page. They haven't announced the qualifying window for 2017. Normally they like to keep it at 18 months from worlds, which would likely rule out a September qualifier (this year's window goes back to 10/11/2013). But they also want performance at one worlds to reach to the next, so there is a dilemma that they have not yet resolved. Whatever happens, not only is there longer to wait, there will be more competition.

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2015/IAU-World-24-Hour-Championships/Selection-Procedures.aspx

Oh, and nice graph. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. You crushed it. There is no telling how many miles you would have got with your own crew.

PS: looks like I was tracking you. I was keeping an eye on the GA  runners

Vikena Yultz

Jameelah Mujaahid

Gregg Ellis

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys. It was a lot of fun.

Peachy-I'm looking forward to Northcoast but am already dreading the weather. One thing I learned (should've put this in the RR but your comment jogged my memory)-I need to find a "better" way to run, especially when it's cold/dark and I'm not motivated to move very fast. My usual method of faster running coupled with walking didn't work well. I would sweat while running then freeze while walking.

bhearn-I'm anxious to hear how they're going to deal with qualifying for Worlds.

RunnerClay-I was glad to meet and talk to those 3. Kena especially-she was so strong all race, I was afraid she would catch up. She and her crew had the best tent setup too.

Mandy-Come to Northcoast already!