Ultra Runners

Distractions (Read 493 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Were you the one who asked for nuts at the Dam Road aid station? 

Sorry we didn't get to meet.  I was responsible for the aid station you visited so very many times on your trek (I was the dude in Carhart overalls at the aid station).  I'm hoping you enjoyed yourself at RR and that you are recovering from your effort there. 

Are you from TX?

Lynn B

Nuts? There were nuts? Nuts...

No, that wasn't me. I only stopped at Dam Road during my last (3rd) loop. Someone kindly went in search of some Coke and came up with some Diet - tasted so good. I also grabbed a couple of quesadilla pieces on my way out - OMG! So delicious, I rushed through the loop just so I could get back for more.

I'm sorry, I don't remember the Carharts. Things were a bit of a blur. But, I had a great time! My first 50. The volunteers were just wonderful - they really are what "made" the event for me. And always so helpful and cheerful. I tried to thank every one that I saw, but may have missed a few. And if you were among those missed (or even if not) - thank you, Lynn!

BTW - I'm not from TX; rather, Detroit, MI. (And I sure did enjoy Saturday's perfect weather! Though it did get cold overnight - I'm glad I had my down jacket when I came back to cheer in the 100s on Sunday morning.)

Liz

pace sera, sera