Ultra Runners

RWOL ultra runners (Read 668 times)

Docket_Rocket

I'm still not used to seeing 'RoxieRuns' as a username...

Dopplebock, thanks for the list! Like Mandy said, I ran GT50k in 2011 and had a blast. I've got Tecumseh marathon this weekend, then the Frozen Gnome 50k in January. It's a new race in the far Chicago suburbs. I am seriously considering IAT for my first 50 miler. I've had some nagging calf tightness so don't want to commit to the 50 miler until I see how things go at Tecumseh. Ive got a few back-up 50 milers later in the summer (Marquette, MN Voyegeur, Mt. Hood) if I decide to signup for the IAT 50k instead of the 50M.

And Chippewa was already on my list - I will probably run that one.

I love your new screen name!  How is Roxie doing?  And you?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BenTN

Amanda <3 <3 <3  I've missed you and Roxie. You need to come to LBL in March. It's going to be a big FE (maybe 20 folks).

Trail Dog

Amanda <3 <3 <3  I've missed you and Roxie. You need to come to LBL in March. It's going to be a big FE (maybe 20 folks).

Ben -- LBL is on my short list. I'll be flushing out the rest of my schedule over the next week or so - need to decide whether I will pull the trigger and register for the 50M at Ice Age, or if I will wait to do my first 50 a bit later in the year (July or August).

I'm also considering the Lovin' the Hills 50k in Louisville Feb 9th (if I don't run John Dick 50k, which is much closer to home).

I love your new screen name!  How is Roxie doing?  And you?

Damaris - we are doing great! Moved to Chicago in late August. It is a big adjustment from Atlanta, but it is great to finally be living with DBF instead of flying back and forth (which we did for four years).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yes!  I bet we have room in one of the condos too!

Running is dumb.

Trail Dog

Yes!  I bet we have room in one of the condos too!

Mandy, you are going? Driving I presume?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, you are going? Driving I presume?

Yes, I am!  I mentioned this to your DBF a while ago when we chatted about race schedules.  I am going to pace Matt (PressEnter) to his first ultra finish (the 60K.)  Bob, Jenny (thelearnedfoot), and Eddie will be there too among others.  It's a big group!

I am driving.  And Robin (RobinCD from RWOL) is going as well.  She lives in Chicago too.  We talked about trying to carpool.  So if you two are interested, we could try to work out a bigger carpool. I may try to talk my parents into swapping cars, so I don't have to put the miles on my lease.  So I'd have a Honda Accord, which has a decent backseat. 

Running is dumb.

Trail Dog

Yes, I am!  I mentioned this to your DBF a while ago when we chatted about race schedules.  I am going to pace Matt (PressEnter) to his first ultra finish (the 60K.)  Bob, Jenny (thelearnedfoot), and Eddie will be there too among others.  It's a big group!

I am driving.  And Robin (RobinCD from RWOL) is going as well.  She lives in Chicago too.  We talked about trying to carpool.  So if you two are interested, we could try to work out a bigger carpool. I may try to talk my parents into swapping cars, so I don't have to put the miles on my lease.  So I'd have a Honda Accord, which has a decent backseat. 

Wow! I am definitely interested. I'm sure you mentioned this to me before, but I have been so busy with life that I am forgetting things like this. Smile

If I go, it would be for the 60k. DBF is running Boston so I'm guessing would either run the 23k or just spectate.

Docket_Rocket

Ben -- LBL is on my short list. I'll be flushing out the rest of my schedule over the next week or so - need to decide whether I will pull the trigger and register for the 50M at Ice Age, or if I will wait to do my first 50 a bit later in the year (July or August).

I'm also considering the Lovin' the Hills 50k in Louisville Feb 9th (if I don't run John Dick 50k, which is much closer to home).

Damaris - we are doing great! Moved to Chicago in late August. It is a big adjustment from Atlanta, but it is great to finally be living with DBF instead of flying back and forth (which we did for four years).

Glad to hear that!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wow! I am definitely interested. I'm sure you mentioned this to me before, but I have been so busy with life that I am forgetting things like this. Smile

If I go, it would be for the 60k. DBF is running Boston so I'm guessing would either run the 23k or just spectate.

No worries!  Smile  We'll have to chat about it.  It's March 9.  We've reserved two 4 bedroom condos for a group of about...Ben, what are we at?  12 or 13 people at the moment?  There's a bunch of beds and couches and I know I can crash on the floor with a sleeping bag/pad if need be.  Do you want me to add you to the FB group?

Running is dumb.

toyger

No worries!  Smile  We'll have to chat about it.  It's March 9.  We've reserved two 4 bedroom condos for a group of about...Ben, what are we at?  12 or 13 people at the moment?  There's a bunch of beds and couches and I know I can crash on the floor with a sleeping bag/pad if need be.  Do you want me to add you to the FB group?

Yes, Amanda, the more the merrier since the rate per person decreases. Smile  Still waiting to hear from David and his friends too.

Jen

toyger

We're up to 13 people but maybe 14-16 with David +1 or 2. The condos will fit as many as we can squeeze into them.

Jen

BenTN

Amanda,

Is Lovin' the Hills web site / registration up?

I was going to do it but got impatient and signed up for Black Warrior 50K. Louisville is only 2 weeks after Mountain Mist, this gives me another week to recover. I'll miss you.

Trail Dog

Mandy, can you add me to the facebook group?

Ben - LTH registration is open. If I ran LBL, I would not do LTH - I would need to pick one or the other (or neither - still deciding as the drives are far).  Here is the link.

BenTN

Pick LBL please, Please, PLEASE!

I'm not doing LTH this year, Black Warrior instead. I did run Siltstone and Scot's Gap trails the day before the Louisville Ironman. Then spectated my brothers entire 26.2 run portion of the Ironman. (They don't allow pacing so we don't call it that.) The trails at LTH are beautiful and challenging.

Jane

Good to see the old crowd coming back together again.  Hey!

Tell Roxie that I said hello.

I liked North Country last year, I'd say it's 3-4 hours from chi-town.

Oh I'm planning to be at LBL as well but "only" running the Marathon.  (so long as I don't run into any new boss issues.)  I need January to come so I can truly plan out my race schedule.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.