Ultra Runners

nutrition at aid stations (Read 80 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I don't like hot drinks (have not tried much hot food yet) during a race. It can make my blood pressure drop, which makes me feel really bad. And hot food tends to stay in my stomach longer than cold food or drinks.

Even on cold days, I stick with cold, or maybe lukewarm drinks. The hot cups are great to warm up hands, though!

Run for fun.

Best Present Ever

Most people have lots of the right clothes for cold, but it is harder to have the right clothes for 33-35F and rain.  But if you have the right clothes it does not matter.

I dunno.  I have those conditions more often than other 'extreme' conditions.  I get hot in goretex and cold without it.  What are the right clothes?

I dunno.  I have those conditions more often than other 'extreme' conditions.  I get hot in goretex and cold without it.  What are the right clothes?

Multiple thin layers work for me, like a long sleeve tech tee and zip up top.  I also find keeping my head warm makes a big difference with my overall temperature.  Water resistant clothing doesn't make any difference if it is really pouring and waterproof is not breathable.

Really it comes down to figuring out what is enough layers to let some but not all heat escape when you are soaking wet.