Ultra Runners

Another great USA 24 hour performance (Read 329 times)

cpev

>>>>>> David

Hi Chris.

I didn't realize we had another RA'er at NC24.  Of course I can get to be pretty self-involved around the time of these big races Big grin.   You may have come up and slapped me on the head and I wouldn't have known.

Looks like we have another young former xc and track guy who is about to start tearing up ultras.  Another Zach G maybe?  (Or maybe it's just the Cleveland/Chicago thing that makes me think like that.)

If you are looking to get into more fixed time events, DoppleBock is very wise and always helpful with his advice.  (I know...it is wonderful of me to offer his help.) 

I've been on here for a couple years (my college xc team uses it) but just joined the ultra group after a short lurking period, so it's not like you could have known anyway. And Dopple Bock has been more than helpful already.

Roots, I'm pretty sure I remember meeting you, as long as you're the guy who was about to move to SH. Recovery has been oddly good. After the pain of the first couple days, I was able to go back to almost normal training paces and somehow even PRed in the 5k on Saturday. I'm thinking of getting the miles back up and going for one of the spots on the 24hr team, but promised myself I won't decide until Sunday. I decided that since I'll be in Chicago watching the marathon that would be inspiring and I'd make the right decision, or something like that.