Ultra Runners

Viaduct Trail 100 - UR Mag write-up (Read 226 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

"By morning, only one female competitor remained.  Although she considered dropping out due to stomach issues coming into mile 75, a donated cold cheesburger inspired her with renewed energy.  With a finish time of 27:46:48, she became the first-ever female finisher and thereby also gained course record-holder status."

- UltraRunning October 2009.

Pam, will send my copy with article AND photo!!!  Still at the same address?

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

DoppleBock

Congrats - The power of beef

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Beef - It's what's for dinner at Aid Station #XX.  Congrats!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Carl A

It was an honor to be there for her finish.

And, the greasy coldness of those burgers totally complemented the coffee-ground brownies (also donated).

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Thanks again Lynn, I got it today! 

You put on a GREAT race Carl!! Can't wait to help next year! BTW I told Willa that I'd love to pace her on the overnight section if she chooses to run it next year! Oh and those coffee brownies were gooooooooooooood!

Oh and I'm seriously contemplateing doing the Deleware next year. I think I've gone insane lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Awesome!!

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

On On

Awesome job, nice to get the write up.

For all those that want to do a rail to trails 100 before Viaduct next year come try the Paulinskill Sussex 100 in NJ.  This will be the third state in the Fat Ass 100 trio (PA and DE the other two).  I was out checking out the course today and it looks really nice and easy.  Flat, straight and nice scenery.  Should be a good time in March.