Ultra Runners

0 to 100 (Read 573 times)

dennrunner

That would be funny.

But not ironic.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DoppleBock

Month 1 = Just train - I would just do some nice consistent marathon type training - Run Monkey, recover a week and then start easing into the longer stuff.

It will come back fast if you do not force it

December ... at 1 or 2 runs 4-6 hours in length - I would rather see you get 6 hours with a 4-6 minutes worth of walk break each hour than run 4 hours.

January - Start increasing total mileage and do 2 runs that month that are 5-7 hours - sames rules as December.

Tell me how youa re feeling at the end of January and we can adjust the last 2 months.

During build up, there is really no reason to run more than 1 speed workout each week.  This period is about adding volume and adding really long runs.  But once per week if you feel like you have the cat by the tail, go run fast.  More than once and you will have a negative impact of volume and really long runs.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks.

My biggest concern right now is my persistant achilles tendonitis.  Most days it is just a small nuisance, but sometimes it gets me good.

DoppleBock

Have those tendons replaced with steel cables - Problem solved 

Thanks.

My biggest concern right now is my persistant achilles tendonitis.  Most days it is just a small nuisance, but sometimes it gets me good.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !