Ultra Runners

recovery (Read 244 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So...how long does it take to recover from a 50M?

I've been jogging easy fine (after my first 9 days ago), and that's (jogging easy) most of what I do anyway, but I tried a couple workouts - one on Sat (2x3200 @ 15K goal pace) and one today (attempt same thing),  and the one on Sat beat me up and I couldn't hold the pace, and today I ran the first a bit fast and gave up & skipped the second entirely.   So I'm hoping this is some aftereffect....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

So...how long does it take to recover from a 50M?

I've been jogging easy fine (after my first 9 days ago), and that's (jogging easy) most of what I do anyway, but I tried a couple workouts - one on Sat (2x3200 @ 15K goal pace) and one today (attempt same thing),  and the one on Sat beat me up and I couldn't hold the pace, and today I ran the first a bit fast and gave up & skipped the second entirely.   So I'm hoping this is some aftereffect....

2-4 weeks to mostly recover

Maybe more to fully recover

But it depends on lots of stuff I am too lazy to type about

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

2 weeks.

Yep, 2-4 weeks but don't rush it .

I thought I was invincible after my first and jumped off a stile and wrecked my hamstring....

As Yoda says:

Be patient Amores Perros, to those who wait everything comes.  Yeesssssss.

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks guys!

And I had a good chuckle at the nice humorous phrasing in this line: But it depends on lots of stuff I am too lazy to type about

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

All good advice and as DP says there are lots of variables to consider.

Personally I think you should listen to the body and run by how you feel. If your feeling good keep jogging / running and if you feel sluggish slow down the pace, xtrain, sleep or chill out and have a beer reflecting on your achievement Smile