Ultra Runners

Badwater 2012 (Read 511 times)

Twitter says he hit 131 in under 22:00 hrs.

(Thanks for the clinic WG)

bhearn

I'm pretty impressed there are only 2 DNFs so far.

Morton finished in 22:52:55.  Damn.  So, so close to the CR.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Morton in at 22:52!

xor

I'm pretty impressed there are only 2 DNFs so far.

5 official now, including maniac Bradford Lombardi.  I suspect that there are a few more, but they haven't updated the site yet or those folks haven't officially reported themselves as cooked. Plus a few folks would have taken a siesta overnight and are now trying to decide if they want to spend another day and night or pull the plug.

Anyone know who came in 2nd and 3rd?  Don't see anything on twitter...

xor

If you pull up Oswaldo's page on the site, it shows he finished at 23:32.

Zach's info hasn't been updated for quite some time.  But he was over an hour and half back at Lone Pine. 

Good to see Terry S in 17th now.  Through Darwin at 19:41.

bhearn

Good to see Terry S in 17th now.  Through Darwin at 19:41.

Ah, great. Looks like the update was very laggy. I was surprised to see Ed evidently more than an hour ahead of him.

5 official now, including maniac Bradford Lombardi.

Ah crap, I know Brad and I thought he would tear this up.

xor

Without knowing the real story, I will just make the joke that "whoever is updating the online info needs a nap"  (reality: given how all the checkpoints have to communicate for 48 hours, it is absolutely no surprise and normal that some of the data get kind of hos-ed).

Anyway, they show Amy Palmiero-Winters into Lone Pine... but with the same exact time as her Darwin number.  Dunno her actual time, but I hope this means she's through LP.  That would be coolness.

And.... now the Amy P-W update has been removed altogether.

Zach hit Portal.

Terry S (friend of bhearn and me) is in 17th.  He is an hour ahead of where he was at this point last year.

bhearn

And it looks like everyone slower than Meredith has dropped. Hope she hangs on. Last year she finished an hour and a half under the cutoff.

bhearn

Zach's in at 25:49, for third, almost an hour faster than last year.

Zach's in at 25:49, for third, almost an hour faster than last year.

Woohoo! I read on twitter it was his 5th time doing badwater. That's just crazy.
                            bhearn

Terry's through Lone Pine, and has moved up to 12th! 6 minutes behind Dean. Looks like his strategy is working.

Terry's through Lone Pine, and has moved up to 12th! 6 minutes behind Dean. Looks like his strategy is working.

Just checked him out on ultrasignup.  This is not his first rodeo.  Go friend of bhearn and srlopez!