Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations on surviving the wind tunnel experiment Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Leslie, you did an amazing job with bad condiitons.  Congrats on your PR, too.!  Looking forward to meeting up with you when you come to town for AR50.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          Great report Leslie. I despise the wind... way to push through it. I liked the part about your head almost flying off when you thought you still had 6 miles left. At my first 50k I hit 31 miles and realized there was still a ways to go (it ended up being something like 33 miles) and I just stopped and stared for a few seconds. I was so pissed.

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Nice report. I enjoyed it.
            Find the fun.
               At my first 50k I hit 31 miles and realized there was still a ways to go (it ended up being something like 33 miles) and I just stopped and stared for a few seconds. I was so pissed.

This really made me crack up!  I can just imagine!  I'd want to strangle someone.  It's one thing if you know there's extra mileage, but when, mentally, you're at the finish line and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay down there - well, that's just cruel and unusual punishment.

Trails - Yes, we have to stay in touch re AR50.  I would love to meet you.  Every once in awhile when I think about that run, I get some serious butt puckering going on.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance