Ultra Runners

Another new race... (Read 79 times)

http://www.runlovit.com/

The LOViT 100K will be held on February 22, 2014. The course follows the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail, with great views of one of the best lakes in the US.

Lots of climbs, lots of rocks, and plenty of great views. Also, probably the only ultramarathon where you can pick up nice clear quartz crystals along the course.

A 100K in 2014, with plans for a 100 miler in 2015.

You'll ruin your knees!

This looks fantastic!  It is good to see this in the works, I have never been all that impressed with the Arkansas Traveler 100 (too much gravel road), this one will really be a challenge, I believe.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Sandy-2

I agree, this looks fun.  On the radar.

BTW, is Podog involved with this?, if so, I may have to skip it...  just kidding !!!!  (That would give me more reason to do it.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sorry, been way too long since I've been here!

Podog isn't directly involved... but we've talked with him.

It'll be a pretty tough course. Rocky, and around 12,000 feet of climbing (and of course 12,000 feet of descending).

And registration opened this morning (for $85). For the moment, we're limiting it to 50 participants. Sign up here.

Uh oh... now what?

Entry requirement:  Must be able to pronounce "Ouachita" correctly (without being Baptist Wink Wink.

bhearn

Entry requirement:  Must be able to pronounce "Ouachita" correctly (without being Baptist Wink Wink.

Raised Baptist, so I guess I'm out.

Uh oh... now what?

It was a sort of weak trivia thing.  In 1970 Cliff Harris, a graduate of Ouachita Baptist College, signed as a free agent with the Dallas Cowboys.  An unheralded rookie decided to have a great night on Monday Night Football forcing a need for acknowledgement of where he was from--said acknowledgement to be made by Howard Cosell.  Mr. Cosell tried for oushatah, ouchata, and the switchboards lit up with at least 17 people from the great state of Arkansas willing to tell Hahrd how to pronounce washita.  A certain Don Meredith supposedly laughed his head off in the background denying any knowledge of Ouachita, Arkansas, the Ozarks, and anything not on the Southern Methodist University campus in Big D.

Or something like that.