Ultra Runners

Vol State (Read 118 times)

Kalsarikännit

Our very own SueIn_TN is on the registered list!

I have always wanted to do this. Then I run on a hot day and remind myself how crazy it is.

Sue, I bow before you. What an adventure!  Best of luck.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

After that relay performance this year, Sue is going to go for the win.  Just don't get lost this time!

Running is dumb.

Thanks, WG. I got my feet wet by running the relay with Ben last year. Running solo and uncrewed will be a totally different race. My goal is to beat that sexist UltraSignup predicted time.

Mandy-Stupid Alabama. Smile
        fimmx

Wow! I can't wait to read the RR. Sue - please do post one.

BenTN

and stupid Shelbyville.

BenTN

Just looked at the ultrasignup predictions. That's NOT going to happen. They've got an uncrewed 21 y/o with one 100M finish for a win picked to be the new king in 104 hours. Faster than any of the crewed runners? Former King Juli is back and they don't even have her picked first crewed female? Former King Don Winkley is also back and they have him at the bottom of the list with no rating.

You'll kick that 201 predictions butt. I'm calling in a vet appointment for your pups on Tuesday. Big grin

For the uncrewed, all but one man are predicted to beat all but one woman. Right...

Hoping for a "normal" year. Don't want a crazy hot year, and while a cold summer would be nice, it wouldn't be the same experience.

Even though the registration end date was last Dec, you can still sign up.
                Gray Runner

Running Bear

So Sue, are you planning to send drop bags to yourself at various UPS stores along the route or something?  Or just graze fast food as you go?

Upcoming races:  
                  Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                  Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                  Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                  Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                  Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                  H9 50 mile 8/9
                  Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                  Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                  Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                  Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

BenTN

So Sue, are you planning to send drop bags to yourself at various UPS stores along the route or something?  Or just graze fast food as you go?

She can't do that. It would make her a supported runner. They have all sorts of unusual rules. I can't even offer her a glass of  water when she comes thru town but she can accept the kindness of strangers.

I'm so not prepared but Laz, sadistic man that he is, is encouraging me to stick with it. There will be a tracking sheet with twice daily updates. I'll post the link when I find it.
                        www.tinyurl.com/volstate2014 is the tracking sheet. We check-in with our locations at 7am/7pm. The solo runners start on Thursday, a two day head start over the relay teams. Would like to finish ahead of them but the Taylor team is made of 4 fast guys. It's going to take them about two days to finish...
                        Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Good luck, Sue! I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Liz

pace sera, sera

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

www.tinyurl.com/volstate2014 is the tracking sheet. We check-in with our locations at 7am/7pm. The solo runners start on Thursday, a two day head start over the relay teams. Would like to finish ahead of them but the Taylor team is made of 4 fast guys. It's going to take them about two days to finish...

Good luck, Sue!!  GO FOR THE WIN, BABY! 

My friend Becky who ran last year (screwed) is running again this year.  I told her to look for you.

Running is dumb.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck Sue!

steph  

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.