Ultra Runners

Rocky Raccoon live updates (Read 531 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Thought I'd pop in and share a couple of items related to Rocky Raccoon... I captained the DamNation Aid Station, one that successful 100 mile runners would pass through 10 different times during their journey to the finish.  I took a lot of pictures, many of which are featured in various race reports I linked below.  It was amazing...

Thank you  Lynn. You were so all so helpful and I  greatly appreciated your heater in the middle of the night when my body was not doing so well!

Francesca

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Thought I'd pop in and share a couple of items related to Rocky Raccoon... I captained the DamNation Aid Station, one that successful 100 mile runners would pass through 10 different times during their journey to the finish.  I took a lot of pictures, many of which are featured in various race reports I linked below.  It was amazing...

Rocky Raccoon Results Article w/pics

Liza Howard's Race Report

Tony Krupicka's Race Report

Hal Koerner's Race Report

DamNation Aid Station Perspective

Thanks for the links and pics.  Interesting the different perspectives.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

You'll ruin your knees!

Thank you  Lynn. You were so all so helpful and I  greatly appreciated your heater in the middle of the night when my body was not doing so well!

Francesca

Glad we could help out... congratulations on the finish!  I always worry that those who enjoy our heaters don't get to enjoy the finish... it's always good to hear when someone does! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Lynn, could you try talking me out of the Catcus Rose....? It even happens to fall on my B'day, I am very severely tempted!

Francesca

You'll ruin your knees!

Lynn, could you try talking me out of the Catcus Rose....? It even happens to fall on my B'day, I am very severely tempted!

Francesca

Ha!  No way Frannie, one of my all time favorite races!  I actually scored 2nd place there in 2007, the first year it was run in the current format/timeframe... I haven't been able to go back for the 100 again, but have run the 50 and been down there in support of other runners.  RR100 was my first and my fastest, but CR is the only ultra in which I won hardward... no pacer, no crew, just me.  I LOVE IT!!! It's also really cool that it usually falls on halloween weekend and the Daylight Savings Time changed back during the run... kind of messes with your mind (but so do shadows of trees, odd-shaped rocks, etc. at 80 miles!)

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)