Ultra Runners

Looking for something fun to do in December (Read 540 times)

DoppleBock

Maybe Desert Solstice - But I am not sure that is for fun.

Trail running is fun ~ It has to be no later than 12/16 ~ Then it is downhill ski season (Family fun) until Mid-March.

Hellgate - Sounds way to serious

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

You could run Tecumseh on 12/1.

http://www.dinoseries.com/marathon.html

Edited to activate link.  I wish this editor would automagically do that.

Hey!, If could just double my 24 mileage, I could qualify for Desert Solstice!

Running 24 hours on a track may not be the most fun, but I'd happily go to Arizona in December

C-R

You could run Tecumseh on 12/1.

http://www.dinoseries.com/marathon.html

Edited to activate link.  I wish this editor would automagically do that.

+1.  Only an hour and 1:30 from free R&B + Upland brewery is right on the way.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

There is also this:

December

12/16  Trent  Lookout Mountain 50 mi  Chattanooga

I'm sure Trent would be happy to arrange for some interesting weather.  Maybe it won't be heat, but a blizzard with -20 degree temps in TN.

xor

(I would have suggested HUFF, but they've pushed that race out to the very end of December these days.)

Kalsarikännit

Tecumseh is great. So great, that it is the only marathon I have ever repeated. Driveable for you and Bloomington (and Upland) is great. Of course my first (second and third) vote is for Desert Solstice.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

Wait. Forget December. Bandera 100k Jan 12.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Wait. Forget December. Bandera 100k Jan 12.

I vote for Bandera too, but "downhill ski season (Family fun) until Mid-March" might not be negotiable.

Tecumseh.  Wee!

I deferred Tecumseh last year, so I will be there.  And I think PaulyGram is planning on making a repeat appearance there as well in Dec

C-R

(I would have suggested HUFF, but they've pushed that race out to the very end of December these days.)

They also changed the location.

And this.......

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I say this or Lookout Mountain - TN seem possible so far. 

Boating season (Now) and Skiing season have to be planned around carefully.  The rest of the year I get much more selfish.  Skiing season actually starts at Thanksgiving and possibly earlier.  So we will ski Thanksgiving - Most of the Christmas / New Year Holiday and then most weekends.  During this time a really large amount of running has to happen M-TH

Tecumseh is great. So great, that it is the only marathon I have ever repeated. Driveable for you and Bloomington (and Upland) is great. Of course my first (second and third) vote is for Desert Solstice.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

jjameson

The best thing about Hellgate is experiencing David Horton.  A living legend and a hell of a nice guy.  The course has combinations of good running, technical areas (not too much), and long climbs.  Sort of hard to get to (travel) though.  I think a group from Wisconsin drives down every year ....

It's serious, but only if you make it so.  No more serious than any other ultra.  Midnight start was actually really cool.

jjameson

Here's my race report from Hellgate 2011 if interested.  It's moderately long.

http://www.extremeultrarunning.com/2011_hellgate/stories/joe_jameson.htm

Imminent Catastrophe

Pine Mountain 40 in Georgia Dec 2. Rocky and Rooty, and GUTS puts on a great race.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016