Ultra Runners

Who's up for a trip to Texas? (Read 265 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Who is in for Rocky Raccoon 100/50?   Anybody coming down to Texas?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Me! Me!

bhearn

In

Kalsarikännit

Darn it, Lynn.  When am I going to see you at Bandera?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You'll ruin your knees!

Darn it, Lynn.  When am I going to see you at Bandera?

I would love for you to see me at Bandera, but i leave for Bangalore that weekend and am crossing my fingers that i will return in time for Rocky.  Someday I will return to Bandera, although it is the most painful to visit knowung I will never run it again.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Weegee

I'll be there as Athletic Supporter to a bunch of ladies and BHearn and also as "Trash Bastard" the Enforcer and Hall Monitor.  (Last year I got all grumpy about the trash on course so I'm gonna dish out some pain to litterbugs this year when I'm not taping up toes.)

I'll be there crewing for my wife again. She's in the 100 this year.

xor

I hope everyone has a good time at Rocky this year.  And if it is warm, it won't be TOO warm, and please feel happy you aren't getting thunderstormed upon (although that was pretty cool) or in the middle of the ice bowl.

You'll ruin your knees!

OK, I am back in the US and likely to make it down to Rocky to take my rightful place as King of DamNation.  It is mandatory that all of you check in with me on at least one of your passes through.  You are not allowed to come out to DamNation to "crew", but if you want to come out and "volunteer" for a few hours while your runner is on the course, I will gladly accept your assistance... just ask for me.  You can provide special "volunteer" assistance for your runner when they come through and can meet some great folks from NTTR and serve a sandwich or fill a water bottle while you are out there.  If you are interested, let me know and I can give some direction... DamNation is not inside the park and you will have to hike out...

Take care,

Lynn B

OK, I am back in the US and likely to make it down to Rocky to take my rightful place as King of DamNation.  It is mandatory that all of you check in with me on at least one of your passes through.  You are not allowed to come out to DamNation to "crew", but if you want to come out and "volunteer" for a few hours while your runner is on the course, I will gladly accept your assistance... just ask for me.  You can provide special "volunteer" assistance for your runner when they come through and can meet some great folks from NTTR and serve a sandwich or fill a water bottle while you are out there.  If you are interested, let me know and I can give some direction... DamNation is not inside the park and you will have to hike out...

Take care,

Lynn B

Mind if I join out there again?

Of course, this assumes we'll be out there... my wife is sick and it looks like the flu to me. We shall see!

You'll ruin your knees!

Rules state you cannot crew from DamNation, will have to make an effort to help more than just your beloved.  Otherwise, welcome!!!  Here's hoping she can kick the flu and tackle RR100!  Look forward to seeing you guys out there.

Lynn

I'm bib #3; shit's getting real!

xor

Good luck, Betsy (and everyone else).  Bob, you still going?

I wish I had a time machine. I don't care that I had a semi-busted foot.  Knowing what I know now and going through what I went through in my personal life circa July-August, I would have finished that bastard even if I had to walk 40 miles. Or hopped it on my good foot.

bhearn

Good luck, Betsy (and everyone else).  Bob, you still going?

I wish I had a time machine. I don't care that I had a semi-busted foot.  Knowing what I know now and going through what I went through in my personal life circa July-August, I would have finished that bastard even if I had to walk 40 miles. Or hopped it on my good foot.

Registration has been reopened until, I think, tomorrow. A few slots opened up. Just saying.

Yes, I'm going, but not without some trepidation. My hamstring is still an issue, and the Achilles thing never completely went away either. As a result my longest run since Tucson in early December is 16, last ultra distance in October, and pathetic overall miles the last couple of months. Not the training one would want. But like an idiot, I am still going to pace for < 20:00.

xor

Good luck and mojo and stuff Bob.  It is cool slots opened up... I wondered if he'd do that.  I know several folks who have dropped and he doesn't seem to keep a waiting list.

But, yeah.  There are a couple reasons why I won't be all over it.

The weather looks like it is going to be beautiful.

Of all the buckles, Rocky's is perhaps my favorite.  But then I grew up in Texas.