Ultra Runners

Meghan Arbogast wins at Way Too Cool... (Read 59 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Feelin' down and out, feelin' old and stuff, wanna see a great smile...

ignore the "max-king... " lead in, Meghan was first woman at WTC

http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/features/news/max-king-shatters-record-.shtml

bhearn

Like. She is awesome.

Best Present Ever

51?  That woman in that picture is 51?  She's gorgeous and she won?

bhearn

She's always top 10 F at Western States too. And recently set an over-50 record for 100k.

Meghan kicks ass!

Kalsarikännit

I was so happy to see that she won.  I am such a major fan of hers. I have run into at a couple of races, and the fact that she always comes over to say hi and remembers my name kind of makes me feel happy. I will admit to being starstruck!  At Bandera she told me she will be racing Ice Age. I hope to volunteer and watch her kick the butts of runners half her age.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WrigleyGirl: you'll have to run the Waldo 100K; Meghan will most likely be the one to give you your hat!

Uh oh... now what?

The whole Corvallis, Oregon, running scene was such a great place for trails and ultras and any and everything in between.

Linda Samet won the Oregon Trail Ultra series thingie one year.

Nate McDowell was the first to break 20 hours at Wasatch.

Clem and his gang got the Mac going---incredibly high level competition on those trails.

Saturday morning group runs.

Wednesday evening/night runs.

One day I met Meghan on the trails.  She said she was running the next SOB 50k, her first trail ultra.  I wrote a long and detailed e-mail describing the course, footing, and so on, because when I asked my standard, "Will you be running or racing" thing, there was this smile...

SOB grew--it is still one of the best trail ultras in the PNW.

Meghan blossomed into one of the ultramarathon greats, but good people tend to stand out wherever, whenever, and doing whatever.

rgot

bhearn

Meghan's race report

WrigleyGirl: you'll have to run the Waldo 100K; Meghan will most likely be the one to give you your hat!

She gave me my first master's plaque at Autumn Leaves 50k a couple years ago.