Ultra Runners

Badwater 2012 (Read 511 times)

Anyone following Badwater this year?

Zach is through FC(17 miles) 8 minutes faster than last year, but trailing Mike Morton by a minute.

Link is here

bhearn

Yes. 5 FB friends running it. Zach is flying! 7:17 pace in that heat.

xor

Whoa.  Dean is back.

I see that Pink Tutu Guy and Meredith (from kick) are both running again.

I have 2 real life friends running (Claude and Heidi) and a few "people I know from the internet".

I have 3 real life friends running (Claude, Heidi, and Terry)

Also, go Zach!

bhearn

Yes. 

Meredith's rock Badwater thread!

Pink Tutu Guy told me at Western States, "Yes, I'm running Badwater again; I have to, they keep inviting me back. But Western States is a lot more fun".

bhearn

I have 2 real life friends running (Claude and Heidi) and a few "people I know from the internet".

Don't forget Terry! I do believe you know him in Real Life.

xor

Don't forget Terry! I do believe you know him in Real Life.

Um.

Ooops.

xor

Morton into Stovepipe Wells, M41, at 5:09.

DoppleBock

Mike is an amazing heat runner - The heat miser for sure!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Morton

This guy has been on fire lately

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Hmmm.  Terry S hasn't checked in at Stovepipe yet.  Hmmmmm.

Edit: nor has Claude. 

bhearn

Yeah. Nor has Meri. But She's not really behind yet, I think. Terry should have been in half an hour ago, at least.

I'm also following Lucy Ryan; she should also have come through already.

MTA: Meri through in 11:37. Wasn't Terry thinking top 10?

bhearn

Huh -- the main results page shows he's still not in, but clicking on his name shows him through Stovepipe Wells in 7:51. Still not where he wanted to be, I think.

xor

7:51 means he went through about 3 minutes before you posted.  I'm guessing they do two different manual updates to refresh data and the second hasn't been done yet.

Talked to Jess.  Possible this was a conscious strategy in the heat of the day.  I dunno.

I haven't talked to Terry about his goal for awhile, but I do know he was at one point thinking very aggressive time/placement. 

bhearn

That makes sense. I know he paced conservatively last year and passed a ton of people.

Go Zach!  Last split looks like he may be slowing down, hopefully strategic but I think he likes to go out fast.

It was 100 in the Chicago area today, (again).  I could not imagine running 50 miles in that heat much less 135...