Ultra Runners

Rocky Raccoon runner tracking (Read 62 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rocky Raccoon 100M

Aren't WG and AussieGirl running this?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bhearn

WG dropped at 40. 

Mmmmm...beer

Guy from my local club finished 4th OA, 1st Masters, go Steve!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

forgive me, but holy fuck that was bad.  Day two is more glorious than day one with respect to aching.  Ibuprofin is about as effective as a tic tac.

My friend running with me had a really tough sixty miles but gritted it out behind me, then in the last 15 miles life ceased to be fun anymore and I shuffled and complained.  I probably even cussed at the trees.  Did I mention how tough that was?

First loop we did right at 4 hours, second in 4:30, forget what the third was and overall it was about 26:45.

They say that it's worth it when you get to the finishline, but nope, it wasn't. 

You'll ruin your knees!

forgive me, but holy fuck that was bad.  Day two is more glorious than day one with respect to aching.  Ibuprofin is about as effective as a tic tac.

My friend running with me had a really tough sixty miles but gritted it out behind me, then in the last 15 miles life ceased to be fun anymore and I shuffled and complained.  I probably even cussed at the trees.  Did I mention how tough that was?

First loop we did right at 4 hours, second in 4:30, forget what the third was and overall it was about 26:45.

They say that it's worth it when you get to the finishline, but nope, it wasn't. 

Lowest finish rate ever for this event... 57%.  Nasty tough conditions that I believe were worse for the over-24 hour group... dropping temps beginning the 24th hour were brutal for those dehydrated runners who had no way to generate enough heat to warm the core!  I gave away all of my extra clothes and then some...

Congrats on your finish, you overcame a lot.  I was the captain of the DamNation aid station and at least hope we helped contribute to your favorable outcome.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

WG dropped at 40. 

...and then she came and worked at DamNation!  She was freakin' awesome!  ...but, I lost an imaginary friend.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Sandy-2

Even the finishline can't squeeze a smile out of me   

Hey I remember you.  Didn't know you were AussieGirl though.  I was at DamNation helping out jlynnbob.  I was wearing a grey and green Leadville shirt most of the day, well..... until it got cold and rainly.

Congratulations on getting it done, those conditions were tough.  Your finish photo is a classic.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sandy-2

...and then she came and worked at DamNation!  She was freakin' awesome! 

I agree !!!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

thanks guys!

sorry WG 

Hopefully when you saw me I was pleasant, I know I made good use of every chair within range at the aid stations, I just had to get my feet off the ground even for a second.  My running buddy had to pee constantly and every time I'd plant my butt somewhere, anywhere, even if just for a few seconds.

I do remember the WS t-shirt as I was staring at you and eavesdropping when someone asked you if you had run it.  I think at your aid station I was probably at my grouchiest, we really felt bad for those going into that section as we came out, it's interesting how 'terrible' a mere 6 miles feels in the latter miles.

I really appreciate everyone at the aid stations, the people were so kind.  I really absorb every smile and kind word, it does help me a lot.  Thanks for being out there.