Ultra Runners

Hardrock draws near! (Read 410 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Hardrock's just around the corner!!!  Can't wait to monitor friends there. 

Roch Horton: I always thought Hardrock was living your entire life in a single day. You go through every emotional high and low.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

That video was fantastic

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

You'll ruin your knees!

The day fades into night, and we ascend slowly into the inky blackness. Up and up, until it seems we will step into the stars. Finally, there is no more up. We pick our way across the saddle and down the often poor trail into Little Giant Basin. When we hit the jeep road we are ready to run. Understanding has transformed me. There is pain, but it is meaningless. There is nothing to do but run down the hill. That's what were are doing, so that is what exists, and there is strength to do what needs to be done. It all seems very ordinary, very calm and very peaceful. There is nothing for the mind to do. There is no excitement or upwelling of emotion at the impending finish. Just run.  - Peter Bakwin race report after finishing the Rockhard Hardrock, or Double Hardrock in 2006. 

Rockhard Hardrock 2 Hundred:
        Running a Double Hardrock!

July 12 - 16, 2006

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Kalsarikännit

I loved the videos!  Diana Finkel is hysterical.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You'll ruin your knees!

You'll ruin your knees!

You'll ruin your knees!

Lots more good Hardrock stuff at iRunFar, but Dakota Jones is losing the battle with taper madness!  Starts in the morning!!! 

jjameson

bhearn

Wow, Darcy Africa and Krissy Moehl are ahead of Hal Koerner?

Wow, Darcy Africa and Krissy Moehl are ahead of Hal Koerner?

I don't think so.  It shows Hal in the lead pack with Dakota Jones and Joe Grant.

Finkel leading the ladies.

bhearn

Yeah. The updates seem to have been behind for a while.

bhearn

I didn't notice it until after the race, but Hal paced Timothy Olson to his course record at WS this year.

xor

I didn't notice it until after the race, but Hal paced Timothy Olson to his course record at WS this year.

That's suuuper interesting***.  Didn't know that either.

(*** to me. May be old hat or uninteresting to the other 99.9%)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/