Ultra Runners

2013 TEAM USA World Championship Performance List (Read 870 times)

Kalsarikännit

Yeah Sue!!!  Smile  She hangs around these parts, but she's much too humble.

I think she has only done two 24's? It is going to be great to watch her as she does more of these!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Read that Anne is not taking her spot. Means 7th should be offered a spot.

Which, for those who haven't been keeping up, currently appears to be Lana @ 129.84

Liz

pace sera, sera

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I think she has only done two 24's? It is going to be great to watch her as she does more of these!

It was great to watch her in her 2nd ... girl is f-a-s-t when she's running. And a machine with her discipline.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

Today is a pretty great day if you like watching results come in. There are four 24 hour races that are going on. Peanut Island, New Years One Day (in SF), ATY, and Freedom Park.  All of the races except Freedom Park have live tracking (of course Freedom Park is the one I REALLY want to know the results of).

ATY has three days of 24 hour races.  They are also hosting a 48 and 72 hour.  At 46:19, Joe Fejes has now run 225 miles. Amazing!

Pardon my lack of clicky links.

http://www.aravaiparunning.com/ultracast/

http://www.coastaltrailruns.com/nyod_new_year_one_day.html

http://peanutisland24.com/raceresults/24hourrace.html

MTA:  Also, a 59 year old woman may win ATY's second day 24 hour.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Uh oh... now what?

Fejes at 232.01 at 47:26:09 ... ¡¡wowzis!!

If I understand the messages here and there -- he is after the 72-hour record,

not the 48-hour.  Surely hope he holds together during day three.

Might have fixed nonclicky linques...  why inconsistent coloring of linkses?

http://www.aravaiparunning.com/ultracast/

http://www.coastaltrailruns.com/nyod_new_year_one_day.html

http://peanutisland24.com/raceresults/24hourrace.html

FYI, Kouros has the 72 hour ATY record at 323.4 miles, while Tracy Thomas has the women's at 250.7, from back in the day when it was at Nardini Manor.  I don't know that there is an official American 72 hour record, but for the men it is possible that the best mark is 300 miles by John Geesler.

What I find amazing is that Joe Fejes and Charlotte Vasarhelyi, both in position to challenge the 72 hour event records, put up substantial performances just two weeks ago at Desert Solstice.  Talk about the "last long run before the goal race."

Uh oh... now what?

No official (USATF or IAAF) records for time events at 48 or 72 hours.  The

records fall into the IUA system--known to and recognized by ultramarathoners,

but not thought of as valid, or something like that, by the governing associations

(USATF or IAAF).

The ATY event would fall under road records which has basically no time

records, again pointing to the IUA stuff.

Kouros' splits are on the front of one of the links from when he did the run

at the Manor site.

IUA Records

On On

No official (USATF or IAAF) records for time events at 48 or 72 hours.  The

records fall into the IUA system--known to and recognized by ultramarathoners,

but not thought of as valid, or something like that, by the governing associations

(USATF or IAAF).

The ATY event would fall under road records which has basically no time

records, again pointing to the IUA stuff.

Kouros' splits are on the front of one of the links from when he did the run

at the Manor site.

USATF recognizes 48 hour as a defined event.  Phil McCarthy broke the 48 hour record at 3 Days at the Fair and I had to help with the record keeping then submit them to USATF for ratification.

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=road&age=open&sport=LDR

When I asked USATF why there was no official 72 hour record they did not have a great answer but did say they were open to the possibility.  I sent an official request to make it an official event.  They may (or may not) have discussed it at the general meeting that takes place in December.

Uh oh... now what?

Thanks... I got lost clicking back and forth from track to roads, USATF to IAAF to IUA... and missed it (road rather than track records).  Senility kicks in because I remember following it.

No 48-hour for women?

On On

48-hour for women?

This is what I have from my own notes.   Hasn't been updated with any 2012 events though.

<colgroup><col width="35" /> <col width="40" /> <col span="2" width="64" /> <col width="21" /> <col width="20" /> <col span="2" width="64" /> <col width="66" /> <col width="64" /> <col width="21" /> <col width="81" /> <col width="25" /> <col width="23" /> <col width="157" /> <col width="64" /> <col width="24" /> <col width="64" /> </colgroup>
                      road open women   48 hr 185.00 297728 Suprabha Schechter 35 Washington DC US Sri Chinmoy 700 Mile Queens NY 05/06/91
                      road 45-49 women ratified 48 hr 223.75 360090 Sue Ellen Trapp 47 Lehigh FL US Gibson Ranch Multi-Day Sacramento CA 11/15/93
                      road 50-54 women pending 48 hr 205.00 329915 Liz Bauer 51 Plainville GA US 3 Days @ Fair Augusta NJ 05/14/10
                      road 55-59 women   48 hr 145.87 234755 Mary Ann Miller 55 Plano TX US Dallas Ultrarunners Dallas TX 11/28/91
                      bhearn

FYI, Kouros has the 72 hour ATY record at 323.4 miles, 

What I find amazing is that Joe Fejes and Charlotte Vasarhelyi, both in position to challenge the 72 hour event records, put up substantial performances just two weeks ago at Desert Solstice.  Talk about the "last long run before the goal race."

It looks to me like he's behind pace. He has 60 miles to go in 14 1/2 hours; his last lap was 17 min. But he could still well pass 300.

Uh oh... now what?

Posted on the 'list at 6:50 p.m.

"Currently Joe needs 53 miles in 13 hours and 20 minutes to get there!"

"there" being Kouros' record.

Uh oh... now what?

Using Kouros' record of 323.424 ---

Last update on Fejes' distance/time

275.05 in 59:40:57

Leaves 48.374 to go in 12:19:03

Sure wish I knew something about fatigue from here on.

Fejes seems to be running a little under 15s... that would be enough.

rgot

John M.

Uh oh... now what?

Fejes:  299.19 right around midnight....

Eoin Keith at 290.8... two runners over 300 by the end now seems likely.

Top two women

Charlotte Vasarhelyi and Vikena Yutz all even at 226.76 with about seven

hours to go (even on miles, Vasarhelyi at 65:02:48, Yutz at 65:09:54).

And no one gets to pause for the arrival of the New Year.

bhearn

Fejes:  299.19 right around midnight.... 

I think he's gonna do it!