Ultra Runners

Hardest 100s (Read 400 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From this month's Marathon & Beyond magazine (I recommend you subscribe, good mag!)

You'll ruin your knees!

#'s 5, 6, 12 & 29 completed, registered for #11 in 2010

Never heard of #4. 

Have completed another that I would rate in the 12-14 range (Cactus Rose, not on list).  Also registered for another in 2010 that appears to be near the #3-6 range (Swan Crest, new this year)

Barkley is not listed... would easily rate #1 based on finisher's time...

MTA: 2 failed attempts at lottery for #1, sheesh, I can't even finish the lottery! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Carl A

No Grindstone? No Yukon?

Other omissions are also probable; these are just the ones I noticed right off.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

You'll ruin your knees!

No Grindstone? No Yukon?

Other omissions are also probable; these are just the ones I noticed right off.

I believe this list has been around for several years... some of the newer 100's weren't being run when it was published.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wasatch Speedgoat

Yeah, definitely Barkley then Hardrock.

Took me 39:52 to run just 60 miles at Barkley (Fun Run), whereas my 2 times for Hardrock are 41:14 and 43:25.

Going sub 40 this year! First time I'll be using a pacer and that is the only reason I'm using a pacer....I figure at age 58 I don't have too many sub 40's left in me.

Steve

Life is short, play hard!

You'll ruin your knees!

Yeah, definitely Barkley then Hardrock.

Took me 39:52 to run just 60 miles at Barkley (Fun Run), whereas my 2 times for Hardrock are 41:14 and 43:25.

Going sub 40 this year! First time I'll be using a pacer and that is the only reason I'm using a pacer....I figure at age 58 I don't have too many sub 40's left in me.

Steve

Awesome! I'm going back out this year to pace Joe... says he's in the best shape he's seen in a long time... could be running close together! 

See you in Silverton!  I gotta go to Barkley one of these years... isn't it about now?

Kalsarikännit

Of course Barkley would be number one.  As UR points out on its race calendar, it is "beyond categorization ".

I think HURT is tough and has a low finishers rate because of the 100k opt-out.  I never want someone to present that option to me during a 100.  Oh...and those roots and stuff are also bad. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart