Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

Ojo

Might as well add my other races:

Flying Pig Marathon   Cincinnati, OH  5/6

Bimbler's Bluff 50k  Guilford, CT  10/21

Roxbury Marathon  Roxbury, CT  I don't see a date yet but sometime early December.

Thanks! 

Sara

MM #2929

Feeling the growl again

Park2Park Ultra (double marathon, ~52.4 miles) 6/16 - goal, ~7:30 pace

It will likely be hot despite a 5am start.  I consider it a training run, it will be mostly on paved, crowned country roads with no shade.  I just need to get the 50-mile distance in my legs before I try to all-out race it again and a "race" with <12 entrants almost literally in my backyard serves the purpose.  I have a good crew arranged in WhoDatRunner and C-R, so now I just need to figure out what beer will be in the kegerator post-race.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Twelve people racing this weekend.  Wow.  Good luck one and all!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Added another local race for the fall

Fox Valley Marathon Sept 16, St. Charles IL

Imminent Catastrophe

Twelve people racing this weekend.  Wow.  Good luck one and all!

13. Pittsburgh Marathon Sunday.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Added another local race for the fall

Fox Valley Marathon Sept 16, St. Charles IL

Are you pacing or racing?  I may be pacing that one unless we can't get a sitter and I lose the coin toss.

Are you pacing or racing?  I may be pacing that one unless we can't get a sitter and I lose the coin toss.

As of right now I am registered for the Weather Flex and planning on racing the full with the intention of padding my BQ time in an attempt to actually get into the race.  But of course a racing attempt hinges on a lot of other factors coming together on race day...

xor

The Weather Flex?

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

The Weather Flex?

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Since this particular race falls in line with the training schedule for the Chicago Marathon, they also offer a 20 mile run in addition to the half-marathon.  You can register for the full marathon or the 20 miler or you can register for the weather flex and decide at the last minute which one you want to run.  So it is perfect for someone shooting for a PR.  If the weather is bad, they can drop to the 20 and call it a training run without having to slog through the remaining 6.2 miles.

xor

Ah cool!

As for 12 (or 13) people racing this weekend, I got counted twice.  Hoo doggies.

Ah cool!

I was intrigued by the weather flex also, so I looked it up.  Neat idea, but it's $35 more than the price of the full marathon.  I must be missing something, why would you pay more to be able to not run the marathon?  Does this get you into a different race later on or just let you run whatever distance you want on that day? 

I was intrigued by the weather flex also, so I looked it up.  Neat idea, but it's $35 more than the price of the full marathon.  I must be missing something, why would you pay more to be able to not run the marathon?  Does this get you into a different race later on or just let you run whatever distance you want on that day? 

It just lets you wait til the last minute to choose your race.  The race is only in it's 3rd or 4th year but sells out every year due to the proximity to Chicago.  Plus it is a very well run race.

Kalsarikännit

As for 12 (or 13) people racing this weekend, I got counted twice.  

That's because you are twice as important and special.  Just don't tell the rest of the ultrafreaks that I told you that.

Perfesser, of course I included you.  I got the number off of the list on page one.  Lots of miles will be raced this weekend.  Plus joldfather is doing a half, so that's even more.  

That weather flex is a cool idea (except for the price).  I didn't even know there was a marathon in St. Charles.  Being a carless city girl, I have found it is sometimes easier to hop on a plane to race than it is to get out to the burbs.  I'd rather rent a car and be out of town than rent a car to see somewhere 30 miles from me.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck to all of you racers this weekend!

steph  

xor

5/12/12  Lost Lake 50k+   Bellingham WA

6/2/12 Rainer to Ruston 50m  Tacoma WA