Ultra Runners

Umstead 100 DNF report (Read 87 times)

RunJasonRun

Here's my race report for the Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Run that I participated in last weekend before dropping out at Mile 37.5 due to Achilles injuries.

Jason's Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Run RR (DNF)

The weekend did not quite go as planned, but I still had an amazing time on the Umstead course before the wheels on the bus fell off, and I look forward to returning to this event one day when I am properly trained. The outcome was not a big surprise, because I knew that I was badly undertrained for this event, but I'm glad that I gave it a shot.

I'm taking a couple of weeks off from running to let my injuries heal. So far, so good!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

That sounds more than tough, and I hope your injuries will heal up soon and not come back to haunt you.

Kudos for crossing the start line and making a best-effort attempt at the distance! You did well on those first two loops, considering your race plan and the actual time.

I have run "easy" ultras (with regard to the terrain and total elevation compared to some others), but they all have their own difficulty, and just some groomed surface does not necessarily make for an easier race.

Have fun building up again after the recovery break, nonetheless!

Run for fun.

muppy

Nice job Jason, You showed up, did the best you could, and stopped before you caused more serious injuries, all with a positive attitude! I always read your race reports, and you truly are an inspiration to me!