Ultra Runners

Ann Trason (Read 121 times)

TripleBock

http://www.irunfar.com/2014/02/ann-trason-the-pioneer-returns.html

Nice article / interview

Some people can have a beast of a season or 2.  Ann was "The Beast" for 2 decades.

Which of her running accomplishments do you find most impressive?

And she won a damn near miraculous double–twice, in both 1996 and 1997–the Comrades Marathon and the Western States 100, which take place less than two weeks apart on different continents

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Since Ann was starting to wind down about the time I was just getting started with consistent running (vs some sporadic running after work occasionally), I was aware of her dominance, but not truly appreciative of it until the years went by and I saw how many different people won WSER. 14 wins there is impressive.

More important / impressive to me is that she just wants to run now. Running itself is what she loves, regardless of where she finishes.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

You'll ruin your knees!

I find her long-term dominance the most impressive.

+100

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

TripleBock

Dyslexia or bad spelling ... an Extra "N" in there - Sorry Ann.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Even as a track runner and shorter distance road racer, I was aware of Ann's amazing accomplishments at a time when most runners probably didn't even realize there were ultra races. I was in awe of her winning races outright beating all comers, men and women.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was impressed reading about her wanting to do a marathon, and then doing AR50 instead. And doing it fast Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

She did a great interview with Ultra Runner Podcast in early February.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance