Ultra Runners

2014 Ultra Race Calendar (Read 684 times)

Home Away From Home

Got you down for the first two; just let me know what you decide on the Vermont 50.  (And I think the race will be Sept. 29, not the 19th).

Thanks, I am sure the typo came frommy fat typing fingers.Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

11/24   HHFMM    Nashville, TN   < 4:00   If I'm unlucky enough to get in.

steph  

kopid905

I'll also be doing Another Dam 50k on June 1st.  Hoping for a 30 minute PR.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I propose that marathon and shorter are removed from the calendar (as are any triathlons where the run is <26.2 mi) to avoid cluttering.

This is supposed to be an ultra race calendar after all..... are we going to start adding HMs? 10ks?

Whaddya fink?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Fine by me.

steph  

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I propose that marathon and shorter are removed from the calendar (as are any triathlons where the run is <26.2 mi) to avoid cluttering.

This is supposed to be an ultra race calendar after all..... are we going to start adding HMs? 10ks?

Whaddya fink?

Makes sense to me. There are separate threads for marathon and half-marathon calendars in the Beginners and Beyond group if anyone is interested.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Whaddya fink?

Sounds good to me too!

4/13: Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra (50 mile), Butler, PA

4/27: TARC Spring Classic (50k), Weston, MA

6/14: TARC Boston 100 (100 mile), Weston, MA

Thanks!

My first visit in here :-)  I am up for:

24 Hour Run for Cancer, Hampton, VA,  April 20-21, 2013.

North Coast 24 hour race, Cleveland Ohio, September 21, 2013

Peanut Island 24 Hour Race, Palm Beach, FL,  December 31, 2013.

---That should be enough big races for now.  :-)))

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

ultrarunner08

This is my spring season. After my 24 hr race in May I will be working towards my goal of running the entire 444 miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway within 1 week in October. I might do a race or two in the summer but nothing is on the schedule yet.

Black Warrior 50K, Moulton, AL - February 16

Oak Mountain 50K, Pelham, AL - March 9

24-HR Adventure Trail Run, Triangle, VA - May 4

FurShirtFlyer

My race calendar is up in the air this year because I am moving from NY to CO but...

I think my first race will probably be North Fork 50K on 29 Jun in CO. My brother and my dad have asked me to run this with them. I will treat this more as a training run than a race as they are slower than me. It will be my brother's second ultra with me. And it will be my dad's first-ever ultra. It should be a fun one.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Hmm

My races for the frist few months went away because I didn't give the day of the month. I'll still be running Smile

• Black Canyon 100k
                          • RRR
                          • Zane Grey 100k
                          • High Lonesome 100
                          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                          • The Bear 100
                          • Javelina Jundred (?)

Hmm

My races for the frist few months went away because I didn't give the day of the month. I'll still be running Smile

You're in there!  The only race I removed was the RnR Marathon since we decided to just list ultras.  But I have you down for the Moab 55K in Feb., Mesquite Canyon in March, Zane Grey in April, and so on.  But let me know if there are other ultras that you're signed up for that aren't on the list.

Kalsarikännit

I didn't realize we were removing marathons. Just my two cents, but I liked when it was marathons and ultras. I always thought of the calendar as a place to see where others were racing, so you could possibly meet other RA'ers. Marathons fill that need. They were included on last years calendar and I didn't think it was too cluttered.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I didn't realize we were removing marathons. Just my two cents, but I liked when it was marathons and ultras. I always thought of the calendar as a place to see where others were racing, so you could possibly meet other RA'ers. Marathons fill that need. They were included on last years calendar and I didn't think it was too cluttered.

There's a marathon and ultras calendar in the Beginners and Beyond group though that would include a wider range of runners than the ultra group. If that doesn't fill the need, I'll volunteer to maintain a marathon only calendar here.

BTW I like your Boukreev quote. It that from his book, Climb?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.