Ultra Runners

Badwater 2011 (Read 838 times)

xor

Perfesser asked in the Ice Age thread if there was a roster published for The Most Expensive Fat Ass in America.

Yes, as of today.

Badwater 2011

DoppleBock

Thanks - Interesting list

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

I know a lot more people than I thought I would.

Also.  Michael Wardian.  Hmmm.

DoppleBock

Sekiya, Ryoichi

Sanchez, Ray

Smith-Batchen, Lisa

Reed, Pam

Goggins, David

Gingerich, Zach

Lopez, Oswaldo

Farinazzo, Marco

Donaldson, Jamie

Murphy, Meredith

Wardian, Michael

I would like to see Zach repeat

xor

Didja list Meredith because you know her from kick or do you think she's gonna be up front?

(she deefed me btw.  Sad )

DoppleBock

I listed the best runners I recognized ... She is just best for other reasons

I should not have left out Amy Palmero Winters - Although I have no idea how she wlll be avle to manage her stump and bl;ade in the heat?  She is a great runner.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Sekiya, Ryoichi

Ryoichi will be interesting. Has he run it before? Zach could have his work cut out with this guy.

Imminent Catastrophe

I listed the best runners I recognized ... She is just best for other reasons

I should not have left out Amy Palmero Winters - Although I have no idea how she wlll be avle to manage her stump and bl;ade in the heat?  She is a great runner.

She dropped pretty early last year, problems with her prosthetic. Maybe she's figured out how to deal this time.

MTA: I'm less intrigued with the shorter cutoffs. No Jack Denness-type stories this year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DoppleBock

I believe Zach will run miserably well all day.

I do believe this is a really strong men's field - I would not bet against the no good brother-in-law stallion from IL

No good brother-in-law from IL is from the song - 2nd week of deer camp - All of WI people have a disdain that we are born with for people from IL = "Whose that wanker over there?" - Oh, that's my no good brother-in-law from IL.

WG understands this as she really has an inherent disgust for anyone from WI.

Of course there are time that our natural genetic state is overcome and in rare cases we can actually become friends.

Imminent Catastrophe

Shorter cutoffs?

48 hours. Used to be 60. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Some people need to go with longer pants as opposed to shorter cutoffs.

I will be pacing a friend down there (same woman srlopez is pacing at Keys100). I'm super excited and have no idea what to expect. Time to do some research and plan some heat training.

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I will be pacing a friend down there (same woman srlopez is pacing at Keys100). I'm super excited and have no idea what to expect. Time to do some research and plan some heat training.

I am jealous!

I offered to crew for TS, but I think my pitch could have used a little work.

I told him that if he wanted someone to complain about the heat the entire time and never get out of the support van(s), I was his guy

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I have been interested in running ultras and plan on doing a 50k in June, but I never, never, never have any desire to do Badwater. Shocked

I've watched of a few of the documentaries on the race and find them fascinating.  There's a guy that lives not too far from me that has run it something like 14 times.  I think he needs therapy.