Ultra Runners

Bad ultrarunners (Read 518 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I posted this in the trailrunning group but since it's relevant to you all I'll post it here as well:

Sad.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Susan rocks! I don't know her personally, but have read many a post by her and corresponded with her via email.  She's a smart cookie who cares a lot about others.

Runners, ultrarunners, trail runners, race directors etc. are people.  Some are nice; some are not.  Believing that a person is a decent human being because they can run is mistake.  I think she has the right idea about being more selective.  

The nice folks will receive their rewards.  The icky ones... well, they can go on living their unhappy lives.  

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I'm noboby, who are you?

I posted this in the trailrunning group but since it's relevant to you all I'll post it here as well:

Sad.

What's your point? What means "bad ultrarunners?" For every 20 people regardless of reason for gathering, there will be at least one eccentric person. I will contend that road races have more of those eccentric people than trail races and even less in ultra trail races. The longer the race the more at peace people are with themselves. The few A-holes that ooze through, ignore.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

What's your point? What means "bad ultrarunners?" For every 20 people regardless of reason for gathering, there will be at least one eccentric person. I will contend that road races have more of those eccentric people than trail races and even less in ultra trail races. The longer the race the more at peace people are with themselves. The few A-holes that ooze through, ignore.

When I read this I think the difference is the size and intimacy of the event.  A-holes are never welcome but when 12 ppl out of 89 are fussing it can be a lot.  She points to the sense of community and I interpret that she is upset at these folks disrupting the sense of community that exists with these ultrarunners

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)

I'm noboby, who are you?

When I read this I think the difference is the size and intimacy of the event.  A-holes are never welcome but when 12 ppl out of 89 are fussing it can be a lot.  She points to the sense of community and I interpret that she is upset at these folks disrupting the sense of community that exists with these ultrarunners

12 is lot so I wonder if there was some issue even minor. IMO you quietly take that up with the RD and not disrupt the community.