Ultra Runners

Badwater 2012 (Read 511 times)

xor

Badwater is nobody's first rodeo.  (he was there last year and has some pretty nifty hardrock pictures too)

Right now it shows Terry as 13th. 

bhearn

Yeah... wonky tracking again. Someone ahead of him was late updating. Now he'll have to pass someone farther ahead than Dean for top 10 M.

Looks like a challenge; those guys are not slowing down.

xor

Yes... so he has 47 minutes to make up.  Of the short list of people I know who might do that, he'd be on it.  (thinking abstractly, at least.  that's a heck of a climb and 13 miles of real estate. And not knowing how he is feeling...)

xor

And it looks like everyone slower than Meredith has dropped. Hope she hangs on. Last year she finished an hour and a half under the cutoff.

Actually, now it shows there are two guys behind Merigayle and not DNFed. Both named Chris.

xor

Top 8 are in and two more folks are on the Portal Road.  I suspect Terry's not going to land top 10.

Sumie has fallen back a bit.

DoppleBock

#1,4 & 6 are members of the 2012 US 24 hour national team that will be competing September 8th-9th ~ 54 days from now.  I would not be able to recover quick enough to make that turn.

Mike "Heat Miser" Morton - 2010 (152) and 2011 (162) the very hot 24 hour races where it was in the 90s and now showing how he likes it hot again - He has had a pretty nice last 2 years.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

Top 8 are in and two more folks are on the Portal Road.  I suspect Terry's not going to land top 10.

If he can pass Gunderson he'd still make top 10 M. But Gunderson has 37 minutes on him at Lone Pine, and ran faster from Darwin to Lone Pine. But it could certainly happen. Not to mention, Terry could already be at Portal Road, and we might not know for an hour, the way the updates are going.

bhearn

Oops, Gunderson beat Terry into Portal Road... as did Dean. I thought sure Terry would pass Dean.

xor

Maniac Michael Miller just finished, per twitter.  First of the 8a start folks. (31:34)

bhearn

Terry has now finished -- 10OA -- in 29:40?! Is that right? No time at Portal Road.

xor

Terry has now finished -- 10OA -- in 29:40?! Is that right? No time at Portal Road.

Don't know yet.  They didn't tweet out his finish (so far).  That time might be believable if he hauled ass.

Or he didn't haul ass and they put his Portal Road split in the wrong column.

Hmmm.

Anyway, interesting that we've been saying the words "top ten" all along and then... blip... 10....

bhearn

That would be about the same pace as Zach from Lone Pine to the finish.

xor

Sumie finished 1st female (repeat from last year) in 29:53.  It took her 1:47 to cover the last 4 miles if we believe the numbers.

bhearn

Dean got chicked!

bhearn

Don't know yet.  They didn't tweet out his finish (so far).  That time might be believable if he hauled ass.

I guess I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to see the Twitter stream without having a Twitter account.