Ultra Runners

Mad City 50k - Madison, WI (Read 293 times)

DoppleBock

I have always wanted to do the 100k, but it has never worked out.  They only host a 50k on years the World 100k event is too close to Mad City and it cannot be used as National Champ race.

I have decided to run this to see what the course and race is like - March 31st.  I am hoping to be allowed to run 7x10k loops to get > 40 miles out of it.

I am not racing it - Looking to do 7:40-8:00 pace for the 1st 50k and then a little slower the last 20k.

Anyone else?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

jjameson

Love to, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a race, and it is a little too far to drive for a training run.  I've been in "try to maintain running-base mode" since Hellgate, due to the ski season (yeah, I know, WHAT ski season) and I still have the Birkie next weekend.  May still make it but it would be a last minute decision.  Maybe I could hang at 8 minute miles for a while ....

DB, if you had picked a trail run, I would most likely be in, but unfortunately this is pricey for a training run, and doesn't have the features I'm looking for: trail or challenging elevation.  It sucks cause 7:40 - 8:00 pace would be just about perfect...

DoppleBock

I understand that - where for 24 hour pavement training this is perfect.

I hit a decent training week last week - Longest was 24 - But I ran 14 times. 

DB, if you had picked a trail run, I would most likely be in, but unfortunately this is pricey for a training run, and doesn't have the features I'm looking for: trail or challenging elevation.  It sucks cause 7:40 - 8:00 pace would be just about perfect...

DoppleBock

I did sign up today - $75 + $2.xx screew off processing fee

Yes it is a lot for a training run.

It seems I am doing most my long training runs as race

Jan - Houston Marathon

Feb - Crusty 50k

Feb - Actual 32 mile TM training run

March - Planned 40+ training run

March - Fox Cities Marathon Backward

April - Mad Ciry 50k

April - Carmel, IN - Marathon

May - 40+ training run

June - Goal Race FANS24

5/8 races.

I will be back at Glacial 50M in the fall - Looking to rock-n-roll on that course for 1st time since 2006

DoppleBock

Getting a little excited - I originally signed up with the intent of running 7 x 10k looks to get a nice 40+ mile training run in.  But now I figure if I can get at least one more 40+ miler in before this race (3/31) - I cna just run the 50k.  I still will need to have the discipline to keep it to a 90-95% effort as this race is not a goal race.

I see Patric Russell is racing it - Last time he ran a 3:08