Ultra Runners

First 50 Miler (Read 369 times)

All business

Well, I managed to run my first 50 miler last weekend.  I've kept it on the qt, as I didn't want my friends or family to think I was nuts (is that bad?).  I had a lot of fun though, and managed to finish in 8:01:and change (exact times haven't been posted yet) in a beautiful Oregon park on a perfect autumn day.  I was super excited to get my first belt buckle, and who knows maybe there will be a 100k in my future. . .

Yes!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

xor

All hail Autumn Leaves!

Good job!

All business

Yeah!  It's fast and flat.  On the down side there was a lot of asphalt . . .

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

xor

Yeah, I learned that the hard way 3 years ago.  trail shoes no feel so good after many hours on asphalt.

That race was dead and reincarnated by a Maniac this year.  Yay!

Congratulations!

So how did your friends and family react?  I can understand keeping it quiet.  I recently told my wife I want to do a 100.  She thinks there are easier ways to get a belt buckle...

All business

Congratulations!

So how did your friends and family react?  I can understand keeping it quiet.  I recently told my wife I want to do a 100.  She thinks there are easier ways to get a belt buckle...

HA! Totally.  I think being near my b-day helped.  I still haven't told my friends or parents, I guess that's why I posted.  I had to tell someone!  I should get around to writing the race report, but I'm waiting for the official results.

Congrats!

I was there as well, but dropped to the 50k after the rain started.

As far as the 100k goes, there's a small event at Willamette Pass called Where's Waldo you might find interesting Smile

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."