Ultra Runners

Golden Gate 50k Trail Run Report (Read 224 times)

Completed the Golden Gate 50k Trail Run this past weekend and put together a report.  It's extra, extra long, so be prepared to devote an hour or two if you choose to read it.  Used a bit of a different writing style this time.  Wish I was better at writing, 'cause I do love to do it.  Anyway, here it is: http://fatozzig.blogspot.com/

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Congratulations Leslie that was a good read.  What a tough race.  I'm trying to make a point of thanking the aid station workers also, they are so hepful at these races. Especially on ones where it seems that you're the only one out there.  I do a ton of training on my own but actually felt lonely during my failed 50 mile attempt a few weeks ago.

Carl A

I like the immediacy of your present-tense writing. Thanks for the inspiring report; it sounds like a beautiful race, even in the rain.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Thanks, guys.  Appreciate the comments.

Steve - I think the loneliest time is knowing you're the last one in a race and there's nobody around.  You're right, it's not the same as training alone.  I'm sorry you DNF'd at your 50-miler, but you did a hell of a lot more that day than most people.  You may not have finished, but at least you started.  Next time . . . .

Carl - If you ever get a chance to run the Marin Headlands, it's an amazingly beautiful place.  I highly recommend it.  Tough, but beautiful.

Again, thanks for your comments -

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance