Ultra Runners

NorthCoast 24-hour live (Read 46 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Kalsarikännit

Thanks for the reminder. I love stalking races. It will make work go by faster today.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Have you checked the photos on FB? The weather looks pretty rough.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Tough conditions. Stay strong, Buzzie and Sara!
          Ojo

What does "green" mean?  I can't figure it out.  Thanks.

Sara

MM #2929

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

What does "green" mean?  I can't figure it out.  Thanks.

Good questionConfused

steph  

Ojo

I think it means that they stopped.

Sara

MM #2929

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Permanently?

mta: Hope that isn't the case.

steph  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I'm out. After 10 hours (1 of which being spent in several sessions with med team, working on hoof) and 50.5 miles.

Having dinner and beer. Will go back to volunteer through the night.

Best thing is, I now have referrals and info to take back to Detroit - hopeful about being able to get to root cause of this ongoing foot issue.

BTW - wx is win-dee! At least the snow showers stopped after the first hour or so.

Liz

pace sera, sera

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I still haven't figured out what green means and I've been tracking a friend all day. He was green earlier today, but is still running right now.

Running is dumb.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm out. After 10 hours (1 of which being spent in several sessions with med team, working on hoof) and 50.5 miles.

Having dinner and beer. Will go back to volunteer through the night.

Best thing is, I now have referrals and info to take back to Detroit - hopeful about being able to get to root cause of this ongoing foot issue.

BTW - wx is win-dee! At least the snow showers stopped after the first hour or so.

Oh!  I'm sorry!  I do hope that you get it figured out soon, Buzzy.

steph  

Kalsarikännit

Jeez.  I'm really sorry, Liz. I really hope you can get everything figured out and fixed. That was very nice of you to go back to volunteer.

Kalsarikännit

BTW...I have been unable to track the race. I do everything off my iPhone these days.  You can't track the race without an app that they want you to pay for. No thanks.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Thanks, WG. Am feeling somewhat hopeful, given referrals from Dr. Lovy & crew. I suspect some time with an orthotic is in my future - but from someone I trust, with a plan to wean me off of it (unless I truly am structurally unsound).

As for tracking ... yeah, it was fine for those with Flash-capable browsers (becoming ever more rare). The app, at $5 - no way!

Race was fairly unexciting - I don't think any of the women broke 100. Really surprised that Karen didn't; she was going strong when I left at 1:00am. (There were suddenly many more volunteers than could possibly be used. So, hung out to cheer for awhile then headed home.)

Liz

pace sera, sera

You'll ruin your knees!

Hang in, Buzznastic!  Get it worked out and live to race another day.. Nice work on the 50+ in 10ish!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)