Ultra Runners

Lisa Smith-Batchen (Read 328 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had the opportunity to run a little bit with Lisa Smith-Batchen today, and to chat with her. I really enjoyed the experience. She's hitting different states daily, or almost daily, so it's a neat opportunity. She & her crew were really nice, and very nice to me when I got faint and nearly passed out at the end, and stuffed me full of salt and electrolytes and liquids and  brought me back to life.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

That is so cool, I hope to join her when she runs in GA.

Lisa's a class act. A couple of years ago DW and I were at the Tucson Marathon expo and DW was buying a shirt. The woman that she bought from looked familiar, and I realized it was Lisa (helping Pam Reed with the marathon I guess). She was so gracious and humble. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You'll ruin your knees!

I had the opportunity to run a little bit with Lisa Smith-Batchen today, and to chat with her. I really enjoyed the experience. She's hitting different states daily, or almost daily, so it's a neat opportunity. She & her crew were really nice, and very nice to me when I got faint and nearly passed out at the end, and stuffed me full of salt and electrolytes and liquids and  brought me back to life.

Day 23 - Texas was yesterday and I had the opportunity to go out and run with the team.  I am struck by how Lisa, Sister Marybeth and the team are so very understated in their effort.  No attemp to hide/mask the difficulty of the task, but no hype whatsoever.  Great spirit and positive attitudes demonstrated all day long.  For those in the path of the upcoming days/states, I encourage you to find some time to go out and run with them. 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)