Ultra Runners

Western States lottery (Read 66 times)

bhearn

Drawing is tomorrow morning. Good luck, all!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck to all with tickets in the lottery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Good luck everyone!  Hardrock lottery too!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Who is in?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

I don't know Brampton Dude's name, but nobody else on our list, apart from srlopez, who's sponsored. Lace_up (posts in Trailer Trash) is also in. In fact, with four tickets, his name was drawn three times that I counted. Meanwhile I have a friend with 32 tickets who was not drawn once.

Out of my 23 FB friends in the lottery, two got in. Not sure what the expected number was, but I'm pretty sure it's more than that. Same thing happened last year. I was in, looking forward to lots of company... I was the only one from RA, and I had I think one FB friend in.

rlopez

The only person besides me I know from the PNW who got in is the RD of Badger... dude I leapfrogged for 29 hours of Cascade.  I expected more.

The fb friend you mentioned from last year lurks... or lurked... RA lots for a couple years. "Ask me how I know". Anyway.

I will do the best I can to represent RA well.  lace_up is all over the place running 100s. Cool to see his name.

Yes, I do feel weird that I have a sponsored spot (NO PRESSURE AT ALL...), but I'll take strokes of luck and kindness when I get them.  I'll do the best I can.  Gulp.

Ok bye.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

FB Yeti friend got in.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

WS100 and HR100, O-fer. This is why I don't watch the online drawing. Better to check email with null results after it's all over than hear those names that aren't mine read one after another, like a water torture. 3-time loser at WS, 2-time loser in my last chance ever at HR100. It's OK, It's a Wonderful Life.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

Well I'm not watching just for my own name -- I was eagerly listening for 23 names (including yours). On the selfish side, looking for someone to pace. I can't not go to WS, one way or another.

Why was this your last chance at Hardrock?