Ultra Runners

2012 Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run - April 1 (Read 873 times)

Hello ultra runners,

Announcing that registration for the 2011 2012 Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run is now open.  (NE Ohio)

The Fools Trail Run is held on part of the Burning River 100 course (miles 63-73.) Same course. 99.5% pavement-free. Part of the Western Reserve Trail Running series for 2012.

Event date: Sunday, April 1, 2012.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

roots
    http://fools50k.org

http://wrtr.org

(Thread modified to update for 2012 event.)

Registration for the 2012 event opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on January 3.

This is the first year registration is online only, so I don't know how quickly it will fill. I don't expect the race to fill in less than a day. If anyone is concerned about not being able to be login right at Noon tomorrow, please let me know and I will help to ensure your spot.

Happy trails!

Kalsarikännit

Registration for the 2012 event opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on January 3.

This is the first year registration is online only, so I don't know how quickly it will fill. I don't expect the race to fill in less than a day. If anyone is concerned about not being able to be login right at Noon tomorrow, please let me know and I will help to ensure your spot.

Happy trails!

This is my big comeback race.  I am pretty excited.  It looks like a good course.  I am trying to hit all the national parks, so the fact that it is at Cuyahoga Valley N.P. is very cool. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I'm in! Big grin

Liz

pace sera, sera

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is my big comeback race.

Not Umstead, miles 51-100 with me?

Awww..... :/

Wink

Marathon Maniac #957

Sold out for 2012, but I may have to do this one in 2013.  DH has friends in NE Ohio that he's been trying to talk me into visiting.  This would be a good excuse to get up there with something to keep the non-running spouse entertained.

I'll be doing Tie Dye 32 Mile Trail Race in Yellow Springs, OH on April 28 this year.

http://www.orrrc.org/about-us/membership/887.html 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Kalsarikännit

Sold out for 2012, 

Have you thought about the wait list?  They are going to do a lottery from it.  http://fools50k.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-list-info.html

It would be nice to have another RA'er out there!

And Roots...is the entrant list up anywhere?  I'd like to see the names of the people who are going to beat me.

Marathon Maniac #957

Have you thought about the wait list?  They are going to do a lottery from it.  http://fools50k.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-list-info.html

It would be nice to have another RA'er out there!

And Roots...is the entrant list up anywhere?  I'd like to see the names of the people who are going to beat me.

Thanks - I just signed up on the waiting list and alerted DH to the possibility, while slim, that we may be headed up there that weekend.

I would seriously think that the list of those who are going to beat you is a short one....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Kalsarikännit

I would seriously think that the list of those who are going to beat you is a short one....Smile

I spent most of last year injured and not running.  Then I said screw it, and wandered around Nepal for a few months.  Now I am running again, but it is a very slow start.  Today is a 15 mile "long" run.  I just want to make it through the Fools Run.  Finishing the race, seeing a new National Park and trying some local beer will make me a happy camper.  

I think I will try for a much faster 50k in September at the Bohemian Alps 50k.  It has been on my to-do list for a long time. 

I hope you get into the race.  Good Luck!

Marathon Maniac #957

I spent most of last year injured and not running.  

I missed that, bummer.  Nepal is a great answer to that, though. 

I like the looks of that Bohemian run.  Never been to Nebraska.  September is a great month for ultras, imo.  I did Germantown 50k Trail run http://www.fmfhome.com/gt50k/  last September.  Probably the loveliest time of year around here, with fall colors and summer wildflowers and perfect weather.  Good luck at Bohemian.

Jeff F

Free Beer

I spent most of last year injured and not running.  Then I said screw it, and wandered around Nepal for a few months.  Now I am running again, but it is a very slow start.  Today is a 15 mile "long" run.  I just want to make it through the Fools Run.  Finishing the race, seeing a new National Park and trying some local beer will make me a happy camper.  

I think I will try for a much faster 50k in September at the Bohemian Alps 50k.  It has been on my to-do list for a long time. 

WG, I was telling myself I wasn't going to do an ultra this year.  If you are doing Bohemian, I may have to change my mind.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I spent most of last year injured and not running.  Then I said screw it, and wandered around Nepal for a few months.  Now I am running again, but it is a very slow start.  Today is a 15 mile "long" run.  I just want to make it through the Fools Run.  Finishing the race, seeing a new National Park and trying some local beer with Buzzie will make me a happy camper.  

FTFY

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

WG, I was telling myself I wasn't going to do an ultra this year.  If you are doing Bohemian, I may have to change my mind.

Yay!  Plus I will try to use my deferred entry into Howl as a long run.  Will you be there to pull me out of the race so I don't get all competitive and nuts and blow the race I am actually training for?

And Buzzie, you left out the setting a fire part.  I think I will look into pre-race camping options.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Yay!  Plus I will try to use my deferred entry into Howl as a long run.  Will you be there to pull me out of the race so I don't get all competitive and nuts and blow the race I am actually training for?

I am not sure I will run Howl but I will at least promise to be there to pull you out, and force you to drink the free beer.  On second thought maybe I should at least register so I can partake in the free beer.

Kalsarikännit

Thanks - I just signed up on the waiting list and alerted DH to the possibility, while slim, that we may be headed up there that weekend.

Holly, any word on the wait list/lottery thing?  I think they are puling names today.