Ultra Runners

Burning River 100, Pacer? (Read 308 times)

who knows...

Race = Burning River 100, July 31-Aug 31. I was wondering if anyone would be in the region of Cuyahoga National Park in Ohio that might be willing to pace for a bit. My plan is to finish in under 24 hours, but anyone who has run a 100 mile race knows how well one can depend on plans.

I am also sending out a query in the race's Facebook section.

"There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin

If you don't find someone, send me a message here during the week of race. I'll see who I can find. I live in the area.

My wife and I are the aid station captains for Station Rd. Bridge. One year, I did pace after i wrapped up my duties but not sure about doing that this year.

Based on your recent race results, I'd say you have excellent shot at sub-24 and likely much lower. Good luck!

who knows...

Hi roots, thanks. I will do that.

If you're at the aid station when I come through I'll say "hi."

"There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin

SprTb,

I live about 10 mins from the BR100 race start and might be interested in pacing with you for a while (what is a while?). I've done a bunch of 50k's and training for my 1st double marathon in October with aspirations of training for and running the BR100 in the future....with that said, I have not paced anyone before but I would like to get a feel for the 100 miler and help out  with pace, hydration, food, etc... I have trained on portions of the course over the past few years.

Let me know your thoughts....