Ultra Runners

Grand Slam (Read 429 times)

On On

re: ultralist

Not sure which how you read your email but using gmail allows you to set up filters and also groups similar email messages into one email and it makes it quiet easy to read the list or ignore the list.

You can easily browse the subject heading of many emails and know they go right to delete.  But it also a good way to hear about certain topics that I have not been able to find out a lot of information.

Thanks, guys.  I'll give it a go.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I forgot to mention that I've set the list to "nomail," which is why I just browse the archives and don't get a ton of e-mails.

This is a good idea.  Even in digest mode, there are a ton of emails... most of it worthless.  The signal to noise ratio is right on the borderline of not being worth it... but the browsing the web option is a really good idea.

I've got a decent system.

I use google apps for domains (basically, gmail) and signed up with a dedicated email address just for the ultra list. (You can create one on the fly by just adding +ultralist to your email, so instead of name@gmail.com it would be name+ultra@gmail.com which will still come into your inbox.)

Then I created a filter for any email sent to that email address, it skips my inbox and gets tagged.

Then I made it so that I could send emails using that email address in my account settings so I could reply to messages on the list (my default is to reply as the email a message was sent to.)

Takes about 2 minutes to set up (if that) and makes it easy to browse the list.

All messages go into the specific tag, when I feel like browsing them, I just check unread messages.  Similar messages are usually grouped together, so I click into the message streams that I'm interested in based on teh subject line, and then just hit "check all unread" and "mark as read" for the ones I am not interested in.  

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'm noboby, who are you?

Leslie,

Try using this link:

http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A0=ULTRA

Because the constant e-mails can get annoying (even in digest mode), I use this link to browse through the online archives.

If my link doesn't work at first for you, try chopping off the end of the address to one of the backslashes. You should be able to sign up and log on from there.

I went nomail some time back. Too much non running noise.I turn it  on from time to time to see if it has settled down but then comes  200 posts on ones latest bowel movement...