Ultra Runners

2013 100K National Championship - Mad City 100k April 20th (Read 259 times)

DoppleBock

* ANNOUNCEMENT: The MadCity 100K will be the site of the 2013 USATF 100K Championship to be held on Saturday, April 20

I really wanted to run this - But I am going to go to Boston with my sister for her 1st Boston marathon - 5 days before this race.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

* ANNOUNCEMENT: The MadCity 100K will be the site of the 2013 USATF 100K Championship to be held on Saturday, April 20

I really wanted to run this - But I am going to go to Boston with my sister for her 1st Boston marathon - 5 days before this race.

I'm sure you can find a flight back sooner than 5 days.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

How 'bout you big shooter?  100k - Run 10 x 40 minute 10ks and make the US National Team.

I think a lot will depend on other stuff going on.  I could always jog Boston and still do decent at the 100k.  There seems to be a cluster of races early May that I want to run well at ~ These would be in conflict with 100k.  Just lots of choices to make.  It becomes N/A unless the de-fatting -process continues throughout all of 2012.

I'm sure you can find a flight back sooner than 5 days.  Wink

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

cpev

>>>>>> David

I really want to do a road 100k, but I'm probably going to do Boston too (my first as well). 5 days between races is a bit of a stretch even for a young one like me.

I've been eyeing this one and Lake Waramaug for a while though. I'll hopefully get one in someday. 

Feeling the growl again

How 'bout you big shooter?  100k - Run 10 x 40 minute 10ks and make the US National Team.

10 X40min 10K, oh heck that's just jogging....

J/K we both know my speed don't mean diddly until I prove it translates.  Which I have not.  Nor have I found the 10 minutes I have apparently lost in the marathon vs where I thought I should be now.

Don't get me started thinking.  That can be dangerous.  How about we see what happens when I do 50 miles in the fall.   THAT will be a decent predictor.  Sub-5:40 and perhaps I should permanently screw the marathon and move up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills