Ultra Runners

It's not too late... (Read 713 times)

to sign up for the Chuckanut 50k... you know you want to make the trip to WA next week. In all seriousness, I'm just excited to watch it.

I will be running AS #2 and srlopez will be helping out as well.

For the men:

Geoff Roes

Max King

Hal Koerner

Mike Wolfe

Gary Gellen

Tim Olson

Ian Torrence

Brian Morrison

Duncan Callahan

and my personal favorite... Dave Mackey

For the women:

Ellie Greenwood

Joelle Vaught

Pam Smith

Jenny Capel

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

Thanks for the heads up on this race.  What a field.  I had no idea.  I bet there are people out there who will be tweeting during the race for those who want to follow along.

You heard it people.  Open spot on smalcolm's couch for anyone that wants a weekend in Washington.  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Open spot on smalcolm's couch for anyone that wants a weekend in Washington.  Big grin

Or srlopez's "RV"

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Thanks for the heads up on this race.  What a field.  I had no idea.  I bet there are people out there who will be tweeting during the race for those who want to follow along.

You heard it people.  Open spot on smalcolm's couch for anyone that wants a weekend in Washington.  Big grin

Yeah it's gotten a lot bigger the last few years. Krissy Moehl took it over and now all her speedy friends come and run it. There's actually prize money too. This year is the 20th anniversary so they increased the field from 300 to 700. It will be madness on the single track. I'll tweet if I can.

I'll be staying with my sister, but I think she has a parking spot you can sleep in if anyone makes the trip.

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

Actually, they increased it to 1000, but 1000 have not signed up yet.  It is going to be an interesting time up there.

I was going to report back with how many folks were currently in, but she has taken down the registration button and the 'entrants' icon from their ultrasignup presence (http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=10842). That must have happened in the past two days.  Seems like it was 750ish when I checked on Tuesday.

For some reason, the chuckanut site is linking 2011 registration (which itself now has a link to 2012 registration).  703 registered. 

When I ran this race last, there were 250ish in it.  Sigh.  Of course, that was back when you could enter Boston in early February and you could sign up for Marine Corps a few months after registration opened.

xor

Also, candy was a nickel. A NICKEL!

I can't read the title of this thread without completing the phrase as "... to whip it.  Whip it good."

The main Devo dude is now a fixture on a kid show called Yo Gabba Gabba.

Sweet Jesus. 

The dude in Devo (Mark Mothersbaugh) will turn 62 in May.

cpev

>>>>>> David

I'd consider Sage Canaday a pretty heavy threat to anyone smalcom mentioned. I think this is his first ultra, so less experience and all that, but there's much to be said for being a 2:16 marathoner.

Kalsarikännit

I'd consider Sage Canaday a pretty heavy threat to anyone smalcom mentioned. I think this is his first ultra, so less experience and all that, but there's much to be said for being a 2:16 marathoner.

I didn't look at the rest of the entrants.  Thanks for the heads up on that one.  He will be interesting to watch.  

Of course nothing he does at Chuckanut will ever top his greatest run ever.

I'd agree. Thanks for pointing out. I opted for lazy style research and just looked at Ultra Signup for top ranked.

~Sara

Kalsarikännit

From the Trials to the Trails.

Pretty cool that on March 15th we are going to have Flotrail!

From the Trials to the Trails.

Pretty cool that on March 15th we are going to have Flotrail!

Good read.

What's Flotrail all about? I've only seen this perspective so far. http://www.meghanmhicks.com/2012/02/24/dont-steal-please/

~Sara

Kalsarikännit

Good read.

What's Flotrail all about? I've only seen this perspective so far. http://www.meghanmhicks.com/2012/02/24/dont-steal-please/

Whoa!  Good find, Sara.  I can't believe that the guy who wrote the letsrun-ish crap against ultrarunners showed his face in the comments.  

By the way, when the ultra community invited him out to see how he would fare on the trails, he accepted...as long as a RD pays ALL of his expenses for the race.  Roll eyes

Looks like Bryon is coming up to cover. There's even more fast folks than I realized.  http://www.irunfar.com/2012/03/2012-chuckanut-50k-preview.html

~Sara

And for all you fanboys... Jenn Shelton just joined the line-up.

~Sara

xor

Ok, serious question time.

I've run Chuckanut.  6 miles rails-to-trails, a few miles up a road, 15ish (?) fun technical stuff, 6 miles rails-to-trails. 50k total.

How is Krissy getting all these folks to show up for that kind of a course? With generally shitty weather?

I'm baffled.

(my joke answer involves 'amazing weed', but I don't really believe that.)