Ultra Runners

2012 US National Championship Team (Read 2305 times)

jjameson

But the consolation prize for not making the 24 hour team is pretty good ~ Superior 100M race.

I hope you get down to your "fighting weight" before Sawtooth.  #232 would be a lot to lug up and down all those hills! 

DoppleBock

I received my ultrarunning magazine with all the top 2011 performances - I added Glen Redpath's 139.21 at Crooked Road 24 in VA ~ 11/17-18. 

He occupies the current "Bump" spot.  But I still firmly believe it will take 145+ to make the men's team

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

**  Note:  (1/2/2012) Although I no longer aspire to make the team or run a lot of miles

Bwahahahaha.  That's cute.  Quick show of hands.  Who believed him?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

Completely honest statement at the time ... I guess I am hot and them I am cold, I am in, I am out ... I am yes then I am no ...  I got a case of bi-polar 

That cold period - I put on 33# ... drank many a beer and ate like the little piggy I am - Run piggy run!

Bwahahahaha.  That's cute.  Quick show of hands.  Who believed him?

What counts is that when you get motivated, you get really frickin motivated.  Keep up the good work!

Kalsarikännit

DB, have you heard any rumors about the where and when of the 2013 World Championship?

DoppleBock

Originaly April 2013 - But it is not officially May

http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/

24 Hour World Championships 2013

As previously announced, the 24 Hour World Championships in 2013 will take place in Steenbergen, the Netherlands.

The dates for this race have recently been relased. They will take place on May 11-12 2013.

DB, have you heard any rumors about the where and when of the 2013 World Championship?

Kalsarikännit

Thanks.  From that I can assume that NC24 will have the National Championship back in September.

DoppleBock

Yes - But I am unsure of the auto qualifying spots

The rules seem to change each year.  It might go to just the winner gets an auto spot ?

Right now it would be

Everyone in top 10 in May 2013 World Championship

+ 2 at US championship race  

+ any other spots still open via best distance run

But I would not be suprised if they take the US champs race down to 1 spot.

Thanks.  From that I can assume that NC24 will have the National Championship back in September.

DoppleBock

Sept 2013?

Not sure it would be fair to have it Sept 2012. 

Kalsarikännit

Sept 2013?

Yeah.  Sorry.  I was hoping to finally run a fast marathon at Bismark that month then go run the Maah Daah Hey Trail between the different segments of Roosevelt NP.    Gotta keep the eye on the prize, though.

There are just too many races.  I want to do them all!

DoppleBock

DoppleBock

Minneapolis Parks are Rec   ,,I,,  (Up yours)

Apparently they just pulled any permits > 18 hours in parks saying that is the time limit.  Since this is pre-existing event and Pilsbury is a major driver - We all hope to get Miineapolis Parks and Rec to at least let 2012 FANS24 hour to occur.  But it is currently up in the air.

Its much more than the 24 hour event - This is a major fund raiser for the FANS project - A great program for inner-city kids to keep on the straight path and earn scholarship money for post secondary education.

On On

DB, I notice on your list you count Glen Redpath's performance at Crooked Road 24 but he is not listed on the USATF site, http://www.usatf.org/events/2012/World24-HourRunChampionships/entry/selectionProcedures.asp (bottom of page)

Any idea if it was just an over site or if his performance doesn't count for any reason (the course was certified but not the event)

Based on the USATF site, updated on 4/1/2012, there is still one open spot for anyone that hits 135 miles (for men) between now and June 11, 2012.

DoppleBock

I did get clarification from Howard Nippert

Michael

It is my understanding that Glen Redpath is a Canadian citizen and competed on the Canadian National Team last year.  There is a several (I am not sure of exactly how many) year time frame between when athletes can compete for another country (that is if Glen holds dual U.S.-Canadian citizenship).  So, I believe him to be ineligible, even if he does hold dual citizenship.

Howard

HasherRick - I am in a holding pattern for the 24 hour right now.  I am still hopeful FANS will work out their issues with the Minneapolis PArks and Rec - I need the extra 3 weeks and like the idea of driving and having my wife crew.  Plan B is 3-days ... But it is 75% likely FANS gets it figured out soon.