Ultra Runners

If you had to choose... (Read 698 times)

Tim Hardy

Just curious as to which 100 you decided on? I've heard great things about all of them.

Tim Hardy

Marietta, NY

Just curious as to which 100 you decided on? I've heard great things about all of them.

Tim Hardy

Marietta, NY

Registered for Tahoe yesterday.

Logistically (travel), it worked out the best. Scenic, runnable trail... I'm stoked.

Imminent Catastrophe

Logistically (travel), it worked out the best. Scenic, runnable trail... I'm stoked.

I'min for the 50-miler at Tahoe. Can't wait!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

In for Tahoe!

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

In for Tahoe!

Cant decide on that or Leadville 50. 

Anyone run Tahoe that can comment?  Good (challenging) climbs?

MTA - I am in Tahoe 50.  Decided to try a new course with a couple local guys.  See you there.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)

I'll be the underprepared sea-level dweller sucking wind.

Imminent Catastrophe

Tahoe is almost full, so if you want in don't wait.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

This should be fun, I'm in for the 100.  See you guys there.

Imminent Catastrophe

David Cotter  

BUT ACT SOON (read on). As many of you know, the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs manages a 400 runner limit. This year we hit that number in 72 hours. Over the past couple years we've managed a waiting list and have had fairly good luck reaching many of you who missed our initial registration. Although the waiting list allowed many of you to join us it was still problematic in many ways. Once on the waiting list you never knew how long it would take to receive an invitation to register, if at all. We know that it takes advanced planning for most of you to train, plan transporatation and lodging and balance family and work. 

So, this year we're going to try something a little different. We're going to increase the registration limit to 500 so more of you can register upfront for that guarenteed spot on the starting line. As much as we want everyone to join us this July we know not everyone will make it. So instead of offering these vacated slots " down the road" we're going to offer them upfront, first come - first serve. BUT THESE SLOTS WILL ALSO GO QUICKLY SO REGISTER SOON! Go to Race360.com. After we reach 500 we will then open the waiting list.