Ultra Runners

Keys100/50 - May 17 (Read 32 times)

Has anyone done this one, or is anyone doing this one? 

I'm in, and getting nervous.  Flights/hotel/car, all booked.  Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed for a cold front that weekend (sure, because that is common for the Florida Keys).   Smile

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

Good news is with support vehicle, you basically can have everything you might need right with you, so extra clothes should be no problem.

Best of luck, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, never allow yourself to go down the rathole of thinking about how much you have left, just focus in 3-5 mile chunks.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thank you!  I'm not overly worried about the distance, I'm doing the 50, NOT the 100. The cut off is very generous.  I've done the distance already, two 100k's, two 50 milers, and a 40 miler.  I'm a bit concerned about the heat & humidity though!

We are allowed to have up to 5 drop bags.  I just need to figure out what to put in them.  I will have a crew (best friend, my 19 y/o son and his gf).  So if I need something along the way, they'll help me out.

Good news is with support vehicle, you basically can have everything you might need right with you, so extra clothes should be no problem.

Best of luck, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, never allow yourself to go down the rathole of thinking about how much you have left, just focus in 3-5 mile chunks.

Michelle

RUN IT OUT

I've done the 50. It is such an awesome race but so incredibly hot. Just make sure you keep drinking and never runout of water. Have your crew meet you every 3 to 5 miles. Sunscreen, apply and reapply spf 50+.  You'll have a great race,wish I was doing it too. The fried chicken at the finish is amazing. Also is you have any questions just send the race director an email, he's a great guy and happy to help.

Thank you so much!  I'm working on adding an experienced crew person. I think it'll be better than my non-runner friend, or my 19 year old!

That chicken will help keep me moving!

I've done the 50. It is such an awesome race but so incredibly hot. Just make sure you keep drinking and never runout of water. Have your crew meet you every 3 to 5 miles. Sunscreen, apply and reapply spf 50+.  You'll have a great race,wish I was doing it too. The fried chicken at the finish is amazing. Also is you have any questions just send the race director an email, he's a great guy and happy to help.

Michelle