Ultra Runners

50 miles? What was I thinking?!? (Read 842 times)

xor

l33t

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Helmet-cam, baby!

Well, if you wear a helmetcam, make sure not to land headfirst.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

l33t

Ah. I suppose you're never too old to learn you're not young anymore.

Water crossings = wet feet.  Solution?  Keep on running, they dry.   Big grin

There were about 10 or more water crossings not to mention shoe removing mud. 

Michelle

Such an amazing weekend!  The RD and all the volunteers went above and beyond in making sure everyone was taken care of and happy.

I didn't take as many pictures during the race as I was hoping to, but I did get some.  The rest are just from the weekend overall.  

Here is the link to my FB album from the weekend:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2484220946924.142404.1294622134&l=c2d696da33&type=1

Michelle

jpdeaux

Miss. those are some great, great pictures. What a beautiful area. Congratulations on the awesome accomplishment, both of you!

Miss. those are some great, great pictures. What a beautiful area. Congratulations on the awesome accomplishment, both of you!

Thank you.   It really is a beautiful area. 

Mishka will be writing a race report for us.  He's much better at putting experiences into words.  Smile

Michelle

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. Great pictures.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Definite congrats. Looked at the pics, I won't be whining about the one little water obstacle we have in our upcoming 50. Okay, that's a total lie, I will be whining about it, but I'll feel a little guilty. Excellent work both of you!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

The RD and all the volunteers went above and beyond in making sure everyone was taken care of and happy.

That's the beauty of ultrarunning. Pretty much every one I have done had that experience.

Congrats to you both! Looks like a heck of a run!

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Mishka-old log

That's the beauty of ultrarunning. Pretty much everyone I have done had that experience.

Congrats to you both! Looks like a heck of a run!

Thanks Sara! The weekend really was amazing. Both the race, and the rest of the weekend were brand new and very cool experiences. Ultra people are awesome!

Also.....LONG race report to come today. That's okay, right? Long just matches the race. Smile

Congrats! Great to see you had a good time!

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks Sara! The weekend really was amazing. Both the race, and the rest of the weekend were brand new and very cool experiences. Ultra people are awesome!

Also.....LONG race report to come today. That's okay, right? Long just matches the race. Smile

I'm glad you and Michelle had a good time. And your money's worth! Congrats to both of you!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?