Ultra Runners

The Rocky Raccoon and Bandera thread (Read 769 times)

xor

...so's we stop talking about these two fine events in the Umstead thread.

75% likely I will be at Bandera.

100% likely I will be at Rocky Raccoon.  Not sure what I'm running yet.  Several of my real life friends will be there for the 100, including the gal I paced at Keys and Cascade.

You'll ruin your knees!

I will be in charge of DamNation at RR.  I might be at Bandera (<50% chance).  Will not be there running... Undecided

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

100% chance of me being at Rocky. I haven't decided if I want to run the 50 with some pre/post DamNation or just all DamNation. Either way, I'd like to see if I can get promoted from trainee to junior assistant to the apprentice of the associate director of water bottler filler-uppers. I see that Ian Sharman is coming back to defend his title. Should be a fun weekend.

I don't have a percentage for Bandera, but I'm considering the 50k.

I don't really want to commit any race fees until I see how I fare at the Palo Duro 50 miler next month (my first) and if I can outrun some ducks for 8 hours in a couple weeks.

Anyone know how quickly (or if) Rocky and/or Bandera fill up?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

So bandera is good eh?  Maybe I could do that too.  Would be nice to race (taka paid, supported training runs) all winter and be in super shape for the Spring.

MTA: 100k @ Bandera.  What are others thinking?

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)
          Buzzie

Bacon Party!

100K at Bandera - but won't commit until later... wheel-attachment issues, you know.

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

50% chance I will be at palo duro!

You'll ruin your knees!

Anyone know how quickly (or if) Rocky and/or Bandera fill up?

Bandera had 711 people start (total all races) last year... 43 are registered so far for the 2012 version.  This is a Montrail Ultra Cup race, which means 1st and 2nd in the 50K and 100K events gain automatic entry into WS100!  It is also the USATF 100K Trail Championship race. 

RR has 100 registered for the 100, 109 for the 50.  I think Joe tries to keep this one below about 750 total, so more than 500 slots left.  Ian coming back is a good thing! 

Regardless of your choice, Bonkin, it is DamNation for you!Evil

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Bandera had 711 people start (total all races) last year... 43 are registered so far for the 2012 version.  This is a Montrail Ultra Cup race, which means 1st and 2nd in the 50K and 100K events gain automatic entry into WS100!  It is also the USATF 100K Trail Championship race. 

RR has 100 registered for the 100, 109 for the 50.  I think Joe tries to keep this one below about 750 total, so more than 500 slots left.  Ian coming back is a good thing! 

Thanks, Lynn. Sounds like I may be okay to wait until mid-October to sign up then.

Regardless of your choice, Bonkin, it is DamNation for you!Evil

Dam!

Imminent Catastrophe

So you're sayin' I have a chance?

I could be wrong but I don't think Bandera has a limit. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

100% in for the 100k, camping at the start/finish, drinking Shiner Bock in the big heated tent after the race, and listening to live blues in Austin.

San Antonio is a quicker drive to Bandera, but I alternate what city I see post race.

Hoosier, I swear this is a great race. I think you should come down. Same for you, srl. Same for the rest of you folks. Buzzie needs help putting up her tent. It is taller than her.

Lynn, is all racing out of the question? What about the 25k? It would be nice to see you no matter what.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You'll ruin your knees!

Lynn, is all racing out of the question? What about the 25k? It would be nice to see you no matter what.

Haven't run in a year... couple of different docs are suggesting replacement of joints (yes, more than one) is required... apparently, it isn't a good thing to have nothing between the top bones and the bottom bones...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Whatever, that or I'm just stupid.

I'm in for the 50 miler @ Rocky.

The jury is still out for Bandera. I'd love to go but part of me is too wimpy to run the 50k, okay maybe all of me. I just noticed that WG mentioned they have a 25k - so the wheels are turning.

MTA: Lynn - I'll still be down Friday to help setup and if I can still walk I'll come out Saturday evening to make sure there is no coffee left for the runners.

100 % in for Rocky Raccoon... but I'll be crewing and pacing for a buddy.

xor

I'm out for Bandera.  The mouse won.

I am in, for sure, for Rocky Raccoon.  Heck, I just ran Baby Raccoon on Saturday.

You'll ruin your knees!

I am getting intelligence (if that is possible in the ultra world) that Bandera may be a pretty fun race to watch!  Some pretty big names planning on being there to take on the challenge of a tough trail and some sleeper locals!  Should be fun, I just have to figure out a way to get down there...